Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 15 16 Obs Thread

wxeyeNH

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Trust me I love the outcome. I just mean it feels weird to have it snowing literally everywhere around me while I pour rain on the hill. Just kinda have to laugh. 

I've laughed all winter, I didn't expect much here but its a pretty huge model bust as all except the Reggie had accumulating snow and we have nothing as well, Talked to some freinds of mine around here and its seems like 500' was the number for accumulating snow.

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

About to leave S VT hotel .

That band on radar is about done and that narrow second part of the band moving into SE VT has pingers now at 2k

17” total . Cleared once at 9am. Most fell after 7am . Basically skunked last nite 

What hotel did you stay at? No where near that much here with 8.5". I was skunked last night too which is why I didn't get more than 8.5". Meh snowfall rates even though it was cold enough to efficiently accumulate.

It's been snowing all day at varying intensities, but it's been "treadmill" snow: snowing fast enough to not lose snow to compaction and melting, but too slow for much of a net gain during the day. We are gaining a little now with this narrow band on top of me right now though as we've lost a lot of the solar insolation.

• Like 2

Just looked at the NWS snow reports and I am calling BS on the 2" in Turners Falls, I drove through there this morning and there was barely a coating anywhere.  Also, a lot of the Franklin Co. hilltown reports are probably underdone since they are mostly from this morning.  Shutesbury and New Salem were close to 10" I saw plenty of pics from FB friends.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just looked at the NWS snow reports and I am calling BS on the 2" in Turners Falls, I drove through there this morning and there was barely a coating anywhere.  Also, a lot of the Franklin Co. hilltown reports are probably underdone since they are mostly from this morning.  Shutesbury and New Salem were close to 10" I saw plenty of pics from FB friends.

North road got smoked 

what a weenie road 

• Like 1

Here in town it's literally been snowing nonstop since 7 am with just wet globs to show for it. My buddy at 800' in South Bridgton is reporting 5". Curious what it's like at [mention=2152]Lava Rock[/mention] location.

Measured 2". Nothing at 300' just down the road..lit the stove. Better be last time

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

What hotel did you stay at? No where near that much here with 8.5". I was skunked last night too which is why I didn't get more than 8.5". Meh snowfall rates even though it was cold enough to efficiently accumulate.

It's been snowing all day at varying intensities, but it's been "treadmill" snow: snowing fast enough to not lose snow to compaction and melting, but too slow for much of a net gain during the day. We are gaining a little now with this narrow band on top of me right now though as we've lost a lot of the solar insolation.

Just west of Hogback , formerly Horizon inn. Now a AirBnB. I was barely into that band mid a.m to 3pm. Prior to that ..skunkage. 

Also , big gradient to my East once you drop below 1500’

1200’ had a few inches just west of Brattleboro

• Like 2

Holy shit is it windy. Got to Windsor locks to get gas...FOOK. Saw the flag blowing like crazy. It’s freaking cold too. My credit card got stuck in the gas machine and it was miserable...being pelted by wind driven rain...I was being bent over like a small tree. Finally my card came back to me so I went to another pump...STEPPED in a puddle and fook the wind 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

So I Mentioned a incident last NIte when I arrived at this S VT hotel (turned Airbnb). I didn’t want to post it at the time bc I wanted to stay positive and focus on the snow . Lol

I arrived for checkin - you just punch numbers on your hotel door - nobody is actually running the whole hotel in person 

Power is out - middle of nowhere pitch black (9pm)no WIFI!!!

Half hour later WiFi mysteriously comes on but not power . I see a light on the second floor from parking lot (I was in car ) . I walk up to second floor and see what looks like someone lying in bed but I wanted to know what the fuk was going on in this place(thought maybe it was the owner ) some strange man opens the door and doesn’t appear to have clothes on lol, he is sorta standing behind the door and tilting his body sideways to talk to me . 

The next 45 mins , I was planning on being raped or worse . Then power turned on.

The rooms were actually super clean w every little  amenity in bathroom , dresser - etc I could imagine . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

So I Mentioned a incident last NIte when I arrived at this S VT hotel (turned Airbnb). I didn’t want to post it at the time bc I wanted to stay positive and focus on the snow . Lol

I arrived for checkin - you just punch numbers on your hotel door - nobody is actually running the whole hotel in person 

Power is out - middle of nowhere pitch black (9pm)no WIFI!!!

Half hour later WiFi mysteriously comes on but not power . I see a light on the second floor from parking lot (I was in car ) . I walk up to second floor and see what looks like someone lying in bed but I wanted to know what the fuk was going on in this place(thought maybe it was the owner ) some strange man opens the door and doesn’t appear to have clothes on lol, he is sorta standing behind the door and tilting his body sideways to talk to me . 

The next 45 mins , I was planning on being raped or worse . Then power turned on.

The rooms were actually super clean w every little  amenity in bathroom , dresser - etc I could imagine . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5