Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 15 16 Obs Thread

wxeyeNH

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Temp has been creeping up here. 32. 

I assume that will crash back once the low  gains more latitude?

Is that the temperature of the ice in your margarita on a Florida beach?

We've risen a few tenths above freezing now too at 1,500ft.  Solar gain is still happening despite the clouds and snow.  No real CAA from anywhere, probably dips a bit with sundown in like 7 hours.

• Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Is that the temperature of the ice in your margarita on a Florida beach?

We've risen a few tenths above freezing now too at 1,500ft.  Solar gain is still happening despite the clouds and snow.  

LOL yeah I am a bit jelly of what I see on the cam. Looks like one of the best events  of the season unfolding, as sad as that is. 

Just now, backedgeapproaching said:

15 miles west of the meat of the band and its ripping here.  33.4F so not super efficient accum. Im sure elevations above 1500' are stacking up.

Crushing here 

I don’t know if winds are carrying the flakes a couple miles west of that radar image but it’s going. Nuts 

about 3 here in boxborough, only about a half an inch when I left winsted at 5 this morning...but the drive in, from about belchertown to auburn was a nightmare, then up 495 it wasn't bad, until I got here, then goose feathers put a couple inches down in a matter of less than an hour, just mod flakes now...congrats on those under that band, good April dumping, reminds me of I think 82, or 83, when we got hammered during spring break..

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

LOL yeah I am a bit jelly of what I see on the cam. Looks like one of the best events  of the season unfolding, as sad as that is. 

I won't lie, I'm very jealous you are in Florida.  Fun event back here but not as much as over that way into NH/ME mtns (or apparently Rhode Island).  I'd go beach right now :lol:.

We've been stuck around like 3" for a while at 1,500ft back this way... snowing steadily but just at like the same intensity as the melting from the wet ground or melting from above.  Like watching it snow for the last 3 hours to maintain the depth.  Above 2,000ft in this area is where it really ramps up to 6"+ as we didn't have the precip rates.

MVL ASOS has been snowing between 0.5 mile and 1.0 mile but at 34F I bet it's not more than a sloppy coating at my house.

Radar showing a decent band approaching so maybe we can start to outpace the melt again at 1,500ft.

162395323_WUNIDS_map(1).gif.232419e7d15ed975001e162912b73e5d.gif

Just now, powderfreak said:

I won't lie, I'm very jealous you are in Florida.  Fun event back here but not as much as over that way into NH/ME mtns (or apparently Rhode Island).

We've been stuck around like 3" for a while at 1,500ft back this way... snowing steadily but just at like the same intensity as the melting from the wet ground or melting from above.  Like watching it snow for the last 3 hours to maintain the depth.  Above 2,000ft in this area is where it really ramps up to 6"+ as we didn't have the precip rates.

MVL ASOS has been snowing between 0.5 mile and 1.0 mile but at 34F I bet it's not more than a sloppy coating at my house.

Radar showing a decent band approaching so maybe we can start to outpace the melt again at 1,500ft.

162395323_WUNIDS_map(1).gif.232419e7d15ed975001e162912b73e5d.gif

Love seeing the mix ring around the radar site.

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Crushing here 

I don’t know if winds are carrying the flakes a couple miles west of that radar image but it’s going. Nuts 

Yea, like Ginx or someone mentioned, seems to happen in these event where best maybe be 5-10 miles west of the band?   I'm sure it's crushing directly under the 30dbz echoes too.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Man even a hint of an antecedent airmass and this would have croaked many. Just having 850s below 0C prior to precip would have been enough.

Yeah 5F lower could've gotten yesterday's precip to fall as all snow, plus today.  Would've been a monster snowstorm for pretty much all if yesterday morning we had 0C at 850mb.