Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
April 15 16 Obs Thread

wxeyeNH

51 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Fricken ripping

image.gif.3f8db72f27f6329d9ffa90fa03dc9aa8.gif

I see a distinct impression looking over how this is unfolding this morning ... as though this thing "shrunk" a bit ...It's much more nucleated and contained to a smaller area... 

I thought that we'd have this as a bigger gyre, with a perhaps a deform back to ALB district wrapping to western CT...and arcing underneath - but not sun shine in Bridgeport. Amazing..   Otherwise valley attenuation and other enhances moving W along rt 2 and S NH ... the latter seems to be happening but this is tight - tighter than expected for me.   

It's like the Whites are getting exaggerate numbers by 700 mb E anomaly bumping the saturable air flow up into growth regions and cheating that way, but if they were plainer landscape without that topographical assist I bet they'd be a shred fest of light rain and slush, and we'd have more of locally owned nucleus of blue rad ptype here in the core ...

It's interesting to see R p-type popping on and off frames of Intellicast's rad loop up along Rt 3 and 93 in NH, while here in Ayer along Rt 2 we are actually now decimals edged below 33 F with steady mid size uniform aggies...

About 2" inches ... but suspect 4's fallen... Not gonna bother with snow board for this ..it just is what it is.  April farmers gold, pedestrian muse and probably yet another CC -related seasonal lag event like the October-May phenomenon that's creeped into the climate books with increasing frequency since 2000 blah blah..

But when the snow falls from the wires and branches here it's not exactly glopping to the ground .. It's fracturing and flaking apart.