Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 15 16 Obs Thread

wxeyeNH

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I just took an official top of car measurement now instead of a guess from the hotel LOL

8.25”

That's about what I found around 1900'-2200' here. Like 7.5".   Certainly respectable, but there was definitely potential for more. Like you mentioned---overnight best radar returns were actually near Albany  and there was a couple hours of dry slot/dry air and paltry rates into this AM and now best stuff is in SNE/SNH.

Only 1.9" at my place which is little over 1100'.

29 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

So weird...it looked yesterday you would do ok even in the valley..

Here it's back over to a light mix but we had a few hours of decent snow. Up to a half inch on some elevated surfaces

I’m in Turners Falls, right now, literally next to the River at 100’ elevation and it’s snowing.  Not sure why Greenfield is all rain.  Even the hills just west of Greenfield are wet not white.  
Maybe shadowing? 

left concord a little after 6am. first traces of snow around shirley, had to pull off at rt. 12 in fitchburg for gas, once back on rt. 2 and going up hill from there, it starts snowing. 3-4" at bottom of WaWa, got up to about 1,600' and there was 8" (all eyeball) and it was dumping. Poor dog could hardly walk he had so much snow in his undercarriage...it was comical. snowing all the way back to concord when I arrived at 9:20ish. calling it 1/2" right now.1395013987_wawa41621.thumb.jpg.e891f4ffe73da071302c9f57af0001cb.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, tamarack said:

So it seems - it's always been something this cold season.
First flakes at 10:30.  Could snow all day at this rate and merely wet the leaves.  

Checking my cams and confirming with the wife, Its mixing at home, But if its going to snow and accumulate, According to the models, It will be in the next 3hrs or so that we changeover, If it doesn't then we will be seeing basically nothing.