joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 15 16 Obs Thread

wxeyeNH

23 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Not sure the deal here

but the snow is fairly light and accums seem very slow 

HRRR shows this very well last 2 runs . Not much going on with a sort of valley effect somehow at 2k on simulated radar . Lol . 

Just not getting the solid banding heavy precipitation but maybe it's coming?   I keep going out into the driveway spotlight and seeing the liquid equivalent of arctic sand.  Some elongated drops with lots of small misty rain drops.  Reminiscent of the shattered dendrites I see during a valley shadow, screw job in January.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

GFS has me at 4" on the 10:1...I think that map is doable, considering that I will not have 10:1....say 2" as a ceiling, which makes sense.

My money is on flakes with either no accumulation, or a slushy film on grass.

Gfs gives me more snow than you despite your area being to the NW of me in a mid April storm with marginal temps and a low hugging the coast. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Just now, George001 said:

Gfs gives me more snow than you despite your area being to the NW of me in a mid April storm with marginal temps and a low hugging the coast. That makes no sense whatsoever.

It does...its all about getting under the best lift, aside from elevation....you get better lift. The cold is coming down down from aloft via evaporative cooling....2 things augment said process.....heavy fall rates and elevation.

• Like 1