• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 15-16 interior snow threat

ORH_wxman

Ukie actually punches the dryslot through NH and pounds into C MA/NE CT on the SW edge of that backbent wf. The problem is the model is a little warm. -1C at 925 in C MA and 0C into NE CT and has 2m temps well into the 30s. Knock those numbers down 1-2C and the clowns will respond.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Ukie actually punches the dryslot through NH and pounds into C MA/NE CT on the SW edge of that backbent wf. The problem is the model is a little warm never right yet somehow strangely manages to score highly in verification monitoring.... -1C at 925 in C MA and 0C into NE CT and has 2m temps well into the 30s. Knock those numbers down 1-2C, like WOULD HAPPEN in reality anyways, and the clowns will respond.

• Haha 3

Gfs would be nothing even in Worcester and northern mass, which is not in line with the consensus, so it can safely be disregarded. The low is unlikely to retrograde NW of Worcester. This close in the short range models like the href and nam are useful, so going with a Euro/Navy/Canadian/Nam/HREF blend, you get a low stalling right over the canal, with the NW end of the envelope (Canadian) getting the low to around my area, with the more se guidance (Navy) bringing the low 10 miles SE of Nantucket. I expect the navy to move NW and the Canadian to move SE, with the Euro having the right idea. Looks like Nam was SE but corrected NW, which makes sense (in line with the consensus now). 

Ha ha...

Lot of hedging going on in here today ... Can't say I blame anyone under the circumstances. No one wants ...or perhaps "dares" is more like it, to call a major snow storm in this, and probably...taking the peevishness and averaging it against the 06z Euro/12z NAM FOUS grid ... probably yields what Ryan sort of just laid out for CT ...ranging to 12 or 14 up there at 850" els by the border with NH ...

Might be time to just call that and let the chips fall where they may - or in this case... parachutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Ha ha...

Lot of hedging going on in here today ... Can't say I blame anyone under the circumstances. No one wants ...or perhaps "dares" is more like it, to call a major snow storm in this, and probably...taking the peevishness and averaging it against the 06z Euro/12z NAM FOUS grid ... probably yields what Ryan sort of just laid out for CT ...ranging to 12 or 14 up there at 850" els by the border with NH ...

Might be time to just call that and let the chips fall where they may - or in this case... parachutes.

The locks are Berkshires/S VT/Monadnocks and maybe extreme NW Litchfield hills in CT?. Also hard for me to see how a place like N ORH county at elevation doesn't get whacked....I suppose the GFS could score the coup and it's a sloppy 2". But most other guidance has warning snowfall there.

The tougher spots are adjacent S ORH county into N CT/NW RI and then the 495 belt. Those areas could legitimately be 6-10" or almost nothing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

Yes, that's what I meant, thank you. I confused myself with 12/9/05 haha

There's some similarities with the marginal aspect of the temps but the evolution is different and frankly, the profile looks colder than that one...at least on these dynamic solutions they do. But we obviously have the time of year working against us near the surface where it is felt the most.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

we pray the 12z Euro resembles the 6z run .. Looking at the 6z run again - still can't get over how obscene that solution was 

Yeah I don't expect a repeat, that was too crazy. But the key for me is seeing if this low slingshots over the Cape versus like EWB to PVD.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There's some similarities with the marginal aspect of the temps but the evolution is different and frankly, the profile looks colder than that one...at least on these dynamic solutions they do. But we obviously have the time of year working against us near the surface where it is felt the most.

That’s the one where Union had a nice 10 spot, not so much around. I think dynamics will be different

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The locks are Berkshires/S VT/Monadnocks and maybe extreme NW Litchfield hills in CT?. Also hard for me to see how a place like N ORH county at elevation doesn't get whacked....I suppose the GFS could score the coup and it's a sloppy 2". But most other guidance has warning snowfall there.

The tougher spots are adjacent S ORH county into N CT/NW RI and then the 495 belt. Those areas could legitimately be 6-10" or almost nothing.

mm... may be a now-cast at/beneath the 600 foot line ..