• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Elevation accumulation wet snow I80 northward Noon Thursday~ 2AM Saturday

wdrag

The upper air closed low development has probably ended up further east than ensembled a few days ago, resulting in shifting 1+" qpf and snowfall further east.  I think it gets a little convective late today-this evening as cooling aloft arrives. 

NWS probs for 1+inch of snow are low in the I84 corridor so it's possible this modeling is also far too generous for accums: especially the HRRX (top). The SPC HREF might be a little closer and tends to mirror some of the HRRR and EC/EPS while the GEFS has very little in our area. 

I84 corridor only. Wet snow CT/MA, and maybe a few flakes and slightest covering high terrain POCS, high Point NJ?
The storm will develop a bit further east than anticipated a few days ago. Results in greatest potential for accumulative wet snow in northern CT and MA high terrain. Occasionally heavy rain there should change to wet snow overnight and accumulate maybe up to an inch in the valleys and possibly 4+ inches high terrain of northern CT; 'possibly' 6+ inches high terrain west and central MA. Boston may see some wet snow Fri afternoon and night with 'possible' accumulations, especially near route 128. Meanwhile the POCS and nw NJ should see bands of showers this afternoon and evening, then 'possible' spotty minor snow showers Friday with any minor possible accumulations reserved for elevations above 1500 feet. A couple of maps attached that show potential snowfall from this storm. These amounts are probably exaggerated by several inches but you can see the terrain related. 

I don't think I'll be updating at all today, prior to 9P, if then. Have a day. 

174072137_3509598042478852_4990728597067

174027663_3509598039145519_6040122195306

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

Turned into a pretty pathetic rain event as well for most of us. May struggle to even see .25” here. 

Yep, these late developers are feast or famine west of the cutoff where the low bombs. I’m hoping for 1” here but it may easily be I get under 0.5” too and the 1” ends up east of the William Floyd from the east trend. 

15 hours ago, jm1220 said:

I think from perhaps my backyard east is where there's possibility for heavier over 1" rain and eastern Suffolk should definitely see amounts closer to 2" but yep, it's the typical outcome for these late developers. And needless to say LOL Nam from last night. 

I think all of Long Island and maybe eastern parts of the city will get 1"+  It's raining pretty heavily here right now.

23 hours ago, jm1220 said:

We're seeing the usual subtle signs that this gets going too late for us near the city and west and doesn't really blow up until it's time for SNE. Many of us could still use the rain though sp hopefully that can happen. You want to be in the Berkshires and White Mtns of NH for this one. 

looks like this will be the last precip for at least a week

1 hour ago, sferic said:

12z suite  so far shows a more west bias; might be a little encouraging for the catskills..Nowcasting time

you still have a shot for something at your place in Liberty, I am discounting anything more than car topping at 800' here. Gonna be fun to watch what happens in CT/MA tonight

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crossbowftw3 said:

temps here did crash from 56 to 46 from 1-3 PM but have remained steady in the hour since. we'll see what happens, I'll go with 1-2 or so for your house tonight into tomorrow with car topper for me

temperatures have only come down two degrees since this post here, 44 in Narrowsburg. Whether flakes happen tonight remains unclear. From what I've seen in the NE forum temperatures are beginning to fall rapidly there and the highest elevations are already changing over