• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Spring/ Summer Mountains thread

Met1985

So far in Wolf I've picked up 68" of rain and 2" of tree limbs from Ida. This is more wind energy than I expected.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I was driving home in that severe warning earlier and that line meant business. Limbs and leaves going everywhere and pushing the car around.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Drier air filtering in now. Looks like night time temperatures are going to cool down nicely the several days. I ended up with just shy of 3 inches of rain from Ida. Thankfully we faired much better than 2 weeks ago. 
It's not dry here. We've been getting nwf on and off all day in Wolf, 1.25" of it.

The rest of this week looks amazing though. I think there's an impromptu camping trip in my future.

20 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

So uh......... you know since we're in meteorological fall and all............... do we start the fall mountain thread? Asking for a friend.

I vote on starting one at the first of October.  Especially after this very nice period we are going to torch for awhile.

• Like 3

I thought yall might like this, a possible cold air funnel over the northern tip of Madison County yesterday just after sunset. There was only one lone shower in the vicinity.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CT1BGnbDihL/?utm_medium=copy_link

20e56bbdecb43df76487071ded027262.jpg4b43c4a44bee649e3977a11c2499e4ad.jpg

• Like 5

Entertainment purposes only but the 12z GFS gives the high elevations there first snow of the season near the 29th. 
I was literally about to send you a text about that lol. Maybe, just maybe, we could have a decent leaf season with that much cool air.

And now that I said that we'll get a tropical system.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I was literally about to send you a text about that lol. Maybe, just maybe, we could have a decent leaf season with that much cool air.

And now that I said that we'll get a tropical system.

Yeah I do think in the next 10 days we see some cooler air work back in but that's even impressive for the last several winters standards. 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic