Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Spring/ Summer Mountains thread

Met1985

14 minutes ago, WxKnurd said:

Road washed out, this neighbor in Candler is cutoff from the outside world now.  FD setup when I walked down there to get people across.  I was working just upstream from here when I stopped for the day yesterday before it hit the fan.

EA98C933-D2AD-428A-9510-5041D0C1B894.jpeg.f2a95c905b08a5b2e2fd50557dc97c73.jpegE90E9876-AB7B-4031-99BB-ADF9A8F974F2.jpeg.de6ceaebccf2c765ed859a565317f419.jpeg 

Yeah this may be the community but I heard that some 40 people were cut off because the road was washed away in Candler.

12 hours ago, Met1985 said:

So far 4 deceased have been found here in Haywood because of the flood. Also they have upped the number of missing people to 35 now here in Haywood.  Truly this is extremely saddening and devastating.  I've never seen anything like this even during 2004.

Just saw they confirmed 2 found deceased this morning, I’m hoping that’s all but reading the tea leaves of information I’ve seen I think the total is going to go higher. I hope our member from Cruso on here is alright and avoided damage. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

I'm afraid what happened in Tennessee today may be even worse than what we dealt with. Just crazy weather 

Almost everyday we hear of extreme weather events. It could just be my old memory but they seem to be happening much more frequently and with more severity than in times past. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jburns said:

Almost everyday we hear of extreme weather events. It could just be my old memory but they seem to be happening much more frequently and with more severity than in times past. 

Indeed. I saw where they had almost 16 inches of rain in the past 24 hours breaking the state record by almost 6 inches...

18 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Getting a bit concerned that we may have high winds to contend with as well. Models are typically too slow with the transition to extra tropical. Need to be aware of that possibility across the mountains. 

Yeah I have been seeing we might have some winds of 40 to 50 mph.

• jburns unpinned this topic