Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Spring/ Summer Mountains thread

Met1985

19 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Where at exactly? I was thinking of going to my spot across from Rusty's Roost and wade out Saturday Morning.

I was told NC wildlife just stocked muskies through there.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I will probably go up to where Halls Chapel road crosses the river and park on the other side of the river. I missed one in that area a few weeks back that was over 20 inches. He's probably gone but worth another try. It's a nice area to wade, you can wade downstream for a mile or more below the bridge before its posted land. The river is actually really low for May. Summer fishing may be really rough this year if we don't get more heavy rain. 

I would love to try for some muskies, but would have no idea what I'm doing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2021 at 5:41 PM, wncsnow said:

The rivers are pitifully low here, I hope we get a couple inches of rain with this next front for the last hoorah of trout fishing before fall 

If the water is low enough just reach under the rocks and pull them out by hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Been a while since I posted and miss being in this subforum. Actually moved down to Monroe (SE of Charlotte) last week, so my 13 year run in the mountains is over. Can't wait to see what happens up there this winter, I'll have to live it through your guys' posts! (Self plug, come buy a Toyota from me lol)

• Like 2

Hey guys! Been a while since I posted and miss being in this subforum. Actually moved down to Monroe (SE of Charlotte) last week, so my 13 year run in the mountains is over. Can't wait to see what happens up there this winter, I'll have to live it through your guys' posts! (Self plug, come buy a Toyota from me lol)
At least you moved down in a fairly cool summer.

I wish I could afford a Tacoma but Toyota in general is a bit out of my budget. Ha.
Nice trucks though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Tyler Penland said:

At least you moved down in a fairly cool summer.

I wish I could afford a Tacoma but Toyota in general is a bit out of my budget. Ha.
Nice trucks though.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Well there is the Corolla:sun:

• jburns unpinned this topic