Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Mid-Atlantic Foodie and Drank Thread

yoda

• yoda changed the title to The Mid-Atlantic Foodie and Drank Thread
On 12/23/2021 at 7:48 PM, poolz1 said:

@wxtrix Beautiful!  That caldo verde looks delicious.  Kale is tough (in more ways than one) but in a soup with a salted meat you can't go wrong.

My first batch of 4 loaves... Nothing overly complicated.  A sweet bread, jelly roll style with cinnamon and sugar.  A family tradition taught to me by my mom.

IMG-3938.thumb.jpg.2ad45c0290fabd513b221c1e61e9dbcd.jpg

IMG-3940.thumb.jpg.6c23b2285d8469ed9efdeed159623b8a.jpg

You wouldn't mind sharing that awesome recipe wouldn't you?  The sweet bread that is 

1 hour ago, wxtrix said:

ok, what are we cooking for the upcoming snowstorm? i am doing braised or pressure cooked beef short ribs probably on Friday.

Well here is tonight’s cold weather comfort classics. Home fries with sage and rosemary, sausage and a couple of fried eggs.  
B25F346A-53D5-4F51-A2B4-40B6DD81C717.thumb.jpeg.c6530a2fbc64ac5c50bca480173c59ef.jpeg

My moms Texas Hash for tomorrow night and Oven Baked BBQ Pork Tenderloin is on for Friday. 

• Like 4

Braised short ribs, risotto, and arugula salad with Parmesan. I made the short ribs yesterday in a Dutch oven for about 4 hours…cooled it overnight, got a layer of fat off the sauce today, then put it back in the oven for another 90 minutes tonight before dinner.

I could have just drank the sauce, it was so good. It was from the NYT Cooking app - Garlic Braised Short Ribs with Red Wine. This is my 3rd time making it - definitely recommend making it the day before…melt in your mouth!

ba880844cc71438cf2dcbc6e726eda68.jpg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...