• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Blizzard of 1982

LVwxHistorian

Got nearly 9" down this way in Lancaster county. Considering the time of year, the drifting and temps were epic. Not sure that I'd ever see snow blow and drift from an April snowstorm, but it was a scene reminiscent of a storm in January. As you mentioned, my high on the 7th was 28 degrees...remarkable. More than a 30 degree departure below normal. 

• Weenie 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

Got nearly 9" down this way in Lancaster county. Considering the time of year, the drifting and temps were epic. Not sure that I'd ever see snow blow and drift from an April snowstorm, but it was a scene reminiscent of a storm in January. As you mentioned, my high on the 7th was 28 degrees...remarkable. More than a 30 degree departure below normal. 

Didn't realize the heavy snow extended so far inland

• Weenie 1

On 4/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, LVwxHistorian said:

Lehigh Valley got nearly a foot (11.4") with 4 foot drifts and winds gusting to 47 mph.  Another 2" fell 2 days later with a subfreezing day on the 7th!!

Share memories if you got em

I was 14 years old at the time, living in Bethlehem, and still loved snow, so it was an awesome event for sure. I remember the cold (single digit lows?) that followed, but I don't remember the wind. Wasn't that opening day of baseball season and all the east coast games were postponed?

23 hours ago, Voyager said:

I was 14 years old at the time, living in Bethlehem, and still loved snow, so it was an awesome event for sure. I remember the cold (single digit lows?) that followed, but I don't remember the wind. Wasn't that opening day of baseball season and all the east coast games were postponed?

The high/low at Allentown was 31/16 on the 7th.  Single digits in the Poconos, 8 at Tobyhanna.   You're right about baseball, David Ludlum mentions it in his book Weather Factor.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

• 2 weeks later...