Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Happier than Dikembe Mutumbo blocking a shot after that draft for the Ravens last night. How'd everyone feel for the draft for their squads last night? 

The WTFs took a flyer on their first pick.  LB from KY who no one had as a first rounder.  But its a smart pick given the weakness of the D.  If they grab an OL next then its a good start.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, H2O said:

EVERYTHING can be fixed with duct tape.  

we bought a cheaper winter cover this year. never again. ripped in two places, along one side a good 8-10 feet, and another area right at the steps. hoping the duct tape holds today... otherwise we are opening the pool sooner than planned. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, H2O said:

The WTFs took a flyer on their first pick.  LB from KY who no one had as a first rounder.  But its a smart pick given the weakness of the D.  If they grab an OL next then its a good start.  

Apparently he was a tackling machine in college. 25 more tackles than anyone else in D-1?

With the strength of their front 4 there should be plenty of opportunities for him to make tackles close to the line of scrimmage. 

Is he an inside or outside linebacker?

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Apparently he was a tackling machine in college. 25 more tackles than anyone else in D-1?

With the strength of their front 4 there should be plenty of opportunities for him to make tackles close to the line of scrimmage. 

Is he an inside or outside linebacker?

He's listed as an ILB. He's very good at diagnosing plays and runs sideline to sideline. It's a really good for WFT imo. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mappy said:

we bought a cheaper winter cover this year. never again. ripped in two places, along one side a good 8-10 feet, and another area right at the steps. hoping the duct tape holds today... otherwise we are opening the pool sooner than planned. 

Go lay on it to help.  It will be like a waterbed. And with the wind it will be like a waterbed with a kid jumping on it.

Just now, vastateofmind said:

Hopefully being added to the HWW will bring down the rest of the maple spinners (or most of them) and clear off the driveway and patios. Definitely seeing an uptick in winds over the past hour.

I think I have as many spinners INSIDE my house as outside

• Haha 1

Yet another person who just got their 2nd Pfizer shot (yesterday). After the 1st I had a sore arm and felt pretty out of it and tired for a day. At the moment roughly the same with the addition of neck/shoulder aches on that side and more out of it/tired. Happy to deal with all of this...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Happier than Dikembe Mutumbo blocking a shot after that draft for the Ravens last night. How'd everyone feel for the draft for their squads last night? 

Moved down and still got Darrisaw to replace Reiff at LT.  And now the Vikes have 4(!) 3rd round picks to play with.  Happy with that.  Still need a G and WR3, and then depth at all levels of defense.

• Like 1

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Moved down and still got Darrisaw to replace Reiff at LT.  And now the Vikes have 4(!) 3rd round picks to play with.  Happy with that.  Still need a G and WR3, and then depth at all levels of defense.

I definitely thought that the Vikings had a fantastic draft. They got a great player in Darrisaw and racked up more picks. You think they take a flier on a QB late this year? There's actually some decent talent for late. 

6 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

Ravens picks were solid. Filled 2 needs. Love the potential of Oweh. Amazing athlete with elite speed and ideal size to come off the edge. They likely will still sign a veteran edge rusher and a RT after the draft. They will probably target secondary help and OL with their third round picks tonight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Yet another person who just got their 2nd Pfizer shot (yesterday). After the 1st I had a sore arm and felt pretty out of it and tired for a day. At the moment roughly the same with the addition of neck/shoulder aches on that side and more out of it/tired. Happy to deal with all of this...

Yeah I got my second one yesterday.  I am having aches in my upper back and neck.  The injection site is not as sore as the first time though.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Ravens picks were solid. Filled 2 needs. Love the potential of Oweh. Amazing athlete with elite speed and ideal size to come off the edge. They likely will still sign a veteran edge rusher and a RT after the draft. They will probably target secondary help and OL with their third round picks tonight.

That's my feeling as well on the second part of your message. Idk about you, but I get major Adalius Thomas vibes from Oweh. His size and athleticism is very similar. He's even faster than Thomas ever was, but AT had incredible instinct and a knack for being around the ball. An unsung hero for those elite defenses in the mid 2000's. I'm stoked to see how we fit Oweh into the scheme here. Couldn't be happier at the talent we got. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

I definitely thought that the Vikings had a fantastic draft. They got a great player in Darrisaw and racked up more picks. You think they take a flier on a QB late this year? There's actually some decent talent for late. 

I think they might.  Right now the only QBs on the roster other than Kirk are a UDFA and a 7th rounder.  Even if you aren’t planning for Kirk to move on, a backup QB is worth a mid-round pick.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah I didnt hate the picks...Im just leery of us drafting receivers. Not a good track record and it probably doesnt make it easier to develop them in this offense. Kind of would have rather used the pick on offensive line or defense. But we'll see. You never really know

1 hour ago, Interstate said:

Yeah I got my second one yesterday.  I am having aches in my upper back and neck.  The injection site is not as sore as the first time though.

That’s what I had earlier today. Some aches and a headache. Basically gone now.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic