Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

11 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Os offense is just putrid. 

Your not good enough to not score on lead off doubles. 

Edit - but hey a bulk will work.

Hopefully the bats get going...the pitching has actually been surpisingly good..if the offense was what we thought it might be this team would maybe be in 1st place. Mancini, Santander (hes hurt now), Mountcastle and crew just havent gotten it going yet.  Mullins is really the only conistent offensive guy right now, go figure haha

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Hopefully the bats get going...the pitching has actually been surpisingly good..if the offense was what we thought it might be this team would maybe be in 1st place. Mancini, Santander (hes hurt now), Mountcastle and crew just havent gotten it going yet.  Mullins is really the only conistent offensive guy right now, go figure haha

Mountcastle has definitely been in a funk so far. Hopefully he can get it going. 25ks through 20 games ain't good lol.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, nj2va said:

One of my favorite places at Deep Creek.  Check out the 'rock maze' about 5 minutes from there...truly a really neat experience.  It makes you feel you're in the jungle.  

We did rock maze trail a few days ago and had to go again today because my 6 year old loved it.  Very cool natural phenomenon.  I can’t imagine the chaos of a bunch of kids running in and out and around that place.

1 hour ago, blueberryfaygo said:

do they have rafting there?

Not in the park, but there is rafting nearby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

We did rock maze trail a few days ago and had to go again today because my 6 year old loved it.  Very cool natural phenomenon.  I can’t imagine the chaos of a bunch of kids running in and out and around that place.

Not in the park, but there is rafting nearby.

The summer is wild...hard to keep my nieces and nephews within sight!

12 hours ago, blueberryfaygo said:

One really cool thing to do (if anyone doesnt know about it yet) is to hit Harpers ferry in an inner tube during the spring... its really fun!

That is some nice flat water tubing. A few years ago when my sisters family was visiting we did the float down Antietam Creek. Had a few rapid plunges on that one that were quite fun.You get dropped in somewhere up in Washington County and end up where it meets the Potomac. Think it was close to about 3 hrs. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m fishing at Jackson Pond near Howard High in Columbia and there’s an osprey that apparently has a nest near here. He’s doing much better than I am.

He's telling you to stay in your lane.  That lane being beer.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m fishing at Jackson Pond near Howard High in Columbia and there’s an osprey that apparently has a nest near here. He’s doing much better than I am.

When I was actually going TO work at Fort Belvoir a seeming lifetime ago, I'd do a lunchtime circuit walk several times weekly between my building to a waterfront rec area that the MWR maintains on Accotink Bay, where starting around this time of year dozens of osprey would return to start nesting. Belvoir puts up a lot of tall poles with large nesting platforms near the river/bay for the osprey, which they love...but they're not above taking up residence at the top of the softball field lights near my building, where some of the nests look they were built by pterodactyls. Osprey are a hoot to watch when they dive-bomb for fish,  but their constant scolding tells me that they don't like me milling around being a spectator.  :) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

When I was actually going TO work at Fort Belvoir a seeming lifetime ago, I'd do a lunchtime circuit walk several times weekly between my building to a waterfront rec area that the MWR maintains on Accotink Bay, where starting around this time of year dozens of osprey would return to start nesting. Belvoir puts up a lot of tall poles with large nesting platforms near the river/bay for the osprey, which they love...but they're not above taking up residence at the top of the softball field lights near my building, where some of the nests look they were built by pterodactyls. Osprey are a hoot to watch when they dive-bomb for fish,  but their constant scolding tells me that they don't like me milling around being a spectator.  :) 

I’m just really surprised to see this one (and I think I saw a pair) taking up residence on this dinky little pond. He was busy and doing well. All I got was a sunburn.

Here’s another still from a video that I took. Not good quality or anything, but I’m still surprised.

image.jpeg.89232f60ec24d50f275c3d47bc6ae955.jpeg

• Like 4

Woo! Hogan lifted outdoor mask mandates, and all outdoor dining restrictions will be lifted starting this weekend. So happy about that, hopefully the county gives the green light on going maskless to outdoor rec games

• Like 7

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic