Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

32 minutes ago, H2O said:

Used to work with this guy who acted the super tough macho guy thing.  But found out one day that he passes out at the sight of a needle.  Ain't it funny how that is? 

The fear of flying is grounded in just common sense.  Get it?  Grounded?  I'm the worst.  But something heavier than air going up into said air and not falling back down due to thrust and lift physics messes with our heads.  and worrying if the person flying knows what they are doing.  Planes have redundancy but that doesn't stop weird shit from happening.  When I fly I love the take offs and landings but if i could sleep while in the air I'd be happier.  i can't tho.  Don't give me a wing seat either.  I don't need to see that flexing if there is turbulence.  Thank god for internet on flights where I can look at funny animal videos to distract me.

4 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning H2O. I have needle phobia som interestingly, I end up being a life time blood donor. Adding in pre computer records I’m going on 100 donations. My fear goes back to childhood when I was held down for a butt stab. Not many kid friendly techniques in those days. I’m scheduled to donate this afternoon and I still feel anxious. I just close my eyes and bravely remember a scene from my beloved Peanuts. I believe Linus was getting a splinter removed and his mom told him to, during the procedure, pretend he was captured by pirates and to be brave by not telling them where his treasure was hidden. I remember back and use that, of course like Linus, without fail, I tell them where the treasure is hidden every time. As always ...

Yea I am a needle phobe also. Goes back to being held down to get stitches in my lip. I use Lamaze breathing and turn my head away. Also ask to not tell me they are going to jab me and just do it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

I don't mind needles.  Hell I'll watch them jab me when drawing blood and love seeing my lifeforce being drained into a vial.  If I ever have to get cut open for surgery I wish I could be awake and watch.  My fear is being put night night and not waking back up.  Keep my ass alert and I'll help hold the thread for the stiches.

Your a brave person, I pray your H2O never freezes. As always ....

31 minutes ago, H2O said:

I don't mind needles.  Hell I'll watch them jab me when drawing blood and love seeing my lifeforce being drained into a vial.  If I ever have to get cut open for surgery I wish I could be awake and watch.  My fear is being put night night and not waking back up.  Keep my ass alert and I'll help hold the thread for the stiches.

My mother-in-law used to refuse the light sedative they provided/offered for her colonoscopies, as she wanted to both be aware of what was happening during the procedure, AND be able to drive herself home after the procedure once she was cleared for release. She was a brand of tough I haven't come across in awhile.  :) 

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Acutely aware of the bad jokes in here!  Might have to sine myself up for more.  But that might result in circular reasoning.  Reminds me of that geometry teacher baseball team, called Angles in the Outfield!

I'll do a 180 and see myself out now...:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRh68h3wC0CkjCx9mV0dj

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Clueless said:

I had someone tell me that they are very healthy and never get sick and eat really well and that, therefore, there was no need to get vaccinated.   This is the person the virus will target.  Like bees to honey.  Whatever.  

I drink quite a bit and eat like crap so def not healthy, but I rarely get a cold (even with having filthy kids) so I feel like my immune system is doing ok. Makes me not want to chance disrupting that 

52 minutes ago, Clueless said:

I had someone tell me that they are very healthy and never get sick and eat really well and that, therefore, there was no need to get vaccinated.   This is the person the virus will target.  Like bees to honey.  Whatever.  

I personally understand the skepticism, I had it myself....and if you are healthy and younger you're obviously low risk to develop severe illness.  The statement "no need to get vaccinated" may be ill advised but I understand having skepticism

1 hour ago, Clueless said:

They can just do yoga and treat themselves with essential oils and they'll be fine.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

I may or may not be passing a Kidney stone this morning. Seriously worse pain that childbirth, and have done that twice. This is possibly my 3rd stone over the years. Going into Dr with a possible UTI but this pain is really making me lean towards a stone. 

Thanks to all who responded to this. As of now confirmed a raging UTI and on antibiotics. If it does not clear after on drugs will get a scan. One horse pill in out of two for today and am starting to feel a bit better. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Thanks to all who responded to this. As of now confirmed a raging UTI and on antibiotics. If it does not clear after on drugs will get a scan. One horse pill in out of two for today and am starting to feel a bit better. 

Hope you feel well soon!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

feel better dear!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rvarookie said:

I drink quite a bit and eat like crap so def not healthy, but I rarely get a cold (even with having filthy kids) so I feel like my immune system is doing ok. Makes me not want to chance disrupting that 

to each their own, of course. but you having a good immune system isn't going to stop you from getting covid. good luck all the same. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Hope you feel better soon

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic