Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Last I checked there aren't too many who are fully vaccinated. The reality is masks are still required to enter stores/places of business, and in most cases one's place of work. How about Airports? Airplanes? Yes, it seems like the reasonable thing to do. Or you can refuse to mask up and essentially shelter in place, have everything delivered, and hang out in the back yard or whatever. At least you would have your "freedom" I guess. You don't do that though. You do exactly what everyone else does. The drive-by hyperbolic grandstanding posts are entertaining though, lol. 

Vaccine demand is already waning. You will never get to the 70-80 percent numbers that have been thrown out there. Then what? Mask and distance forever? You are smarter than that (I think).

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The idea that the vaccine refusers are the ones hiding at home is one of the biggest misreads of all time. We are all out here waiting for the rest of you. 

Who exactly are the people 'hiding at home'? Be specific. And it sounds to me like you must be pretty sheepish, because anyone who is "out there living", is complying with COVID mandates and protocols, or you wont be getting too far. Well, maybe you have a private jet. The rest of us just wear the masks when required, and- wait for it- we don't hide at home.

• Like 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Who exactly are the people 'hiding at home'? Be specific. And it sounds to me like you must be pretty sheepish, because anyone who is "out there living", is complying with COVID mandates and protocols, or you wont be getting too far. Well, maybe you have a private jet. The rest of us just wear the masks when required, and- wait for it- we don't hide at home.

LOL

”Just obey the police at all times and you won’t be shot. Simple”

Listen to yourself man. 

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

If you simply obey all of the clearly BS rules and regulations that change every day and from county to county and make zero sense for vaccinated people, you will be fine. Just obey, and there will be zero issues. What’s so hard about that? Come on, obey already or else. 

LOL

You piss and moan in banter on an online weather forum. But you obey. What do you do to eradicate the inconsistent BS rules and regs? Nada.

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

LOL

You piss and moan in banter on an online weather forum. But you obey. What do you do to eradicate the inconsistent BS rules and regs? Nada.

Dude, at least I am here complaining about it. You are here actively telling people they need to obey or else they "won't get very far" and gaslighting everyone into thinking this all makes perfect sense.

43 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Dude, at least I am here complaining about it. You are here actively telling people they need to obey or else they "won't get very far" and gaslighting everyone into thinking this all makes perfect sense.

You have been moving the goalposts ever since I replied to your OP. Seriously, go back and read it.

Didn't you just take a trip to Florida recently? Did you fly via a commercial airline? How far would you have gotten without "obeying" all of the inconsistent rules and regs? Not hiding and being "out there and living" means you are absolutely complying with(obeying) COVID protocol. This isn't difficult to comprehend lol. 

Now, where did I say all of this makes perfect sense? Ofc there are inconsistencies, and pretty much everyone is tired of all of it at this juncture, but what the hell good does it do to complain about it on a weather board? How does that change anything? It's like a lot of laws/rules/regs we are required to obey that seem illogical or unjust..

I am trying to be patient and optimistic that the combo of getting the majority vaccinated, and social distancing/masking, will mitigate spread and thus replication/mutation, and get us back towards normalcy. This virus isn't going anywhere though, and at some point there needs to be acceptance of some baseline infection rate as "normal". The higher risk groups should be fully vaccinated over the next few weeks. The restrictions should be/need to be significantly relaxed and then lifted over the next couple months.

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Think it’ll recurve cause a major snowstorm in the east for early May LOL 

I’m not as big into connecting the hemispheric dots, but folks like HM think the recurve will dislodge the current pattern and potentially open up severe season in the plains. 

It snowed here last May :lol: 

Just now, CAPE said:

Looks like it will be benevolent- recurve and pretty rapidly weaken.

The loop is really interesting. It looks like a buzzsaw that just stops short of landfall. Good for the people out there. 

Florida has seen its fair share of close calls too. Matthew, Dorian, and Isaias come to mind. 

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

People are literally waiting on the CDC and Dr. Fauci to tell them it's OK to live again. That's why they are fully vaccinated and still hiding out with masks on.

They may be goners. 

There have been many people who still have gotten sick even after fully vaccinated. My 2nd shot of Moderna is scheduled for May 7.

The 1st shot knocked the crap out of me for 1 day. I had chills , fever  and felt tired.  I'm happy I got vaccinated  because I want to go places and also for my mom.

My mom was also vaccinated.

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Second Moderna shot earlier today. So far, no side effects. 

Drinking plenty of water along with a beer or 2.

You should be tired from putting up the good fight today.

I did an easy bike ride, worked in the yard for a few hours, a trip to the dump, and then my gf treated me to a lobster roll at a new place in Stevenson on the way home. Having a little white wine with the seafood.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You should be tired from putting up the good fight today.

I did an easy bike ride, worked in the yard for a few hours, a trip to the dump, and then my gf treated me to a lobster roll at a new place in Stevenson on the way home. Having a little white wine with the seafood.

You really should stop hiding and live a little. Life is short.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

13 months in and some people still can't comprehend that the main point of the masks is not for the wearers.  

Happy to be able to sign up tomorrow, even if the system is going to be crushed by all of the Virginians that have been waiting for Phase 2.

Thanks for keeping me safe against my will, I guess?

A pretty self-righteous way to look at it. Peak 2020 right there.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Always glad for the monthly drive by from the guy living in rural northern NH to tell the rest of us to stop hiding from the rest of society.

I'm providing you these warnings about what rich people have in store for you. Feel free to ignore them and keep whistling past the graveyard. It won't affect me one way or the other.

Just now, Chris78 said:

Bored on a Saturday night? Lol 

Rich folks are buying up rural property left and right to get away from the cities and suburbs and build fortified compounds.

But hey, life is still good. Liquor stores are open and you can still technically take a Sunday drive, just watch your speed and be prepared for traffic.

Enjoy it out there. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic