Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2021

George BM

9 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Has anybody gotten the shot at Notre dame university of MD on Charles st?..just curious if its been a good experience or not there. Scheduled for it today at 545...Apparently they only are doing it April 12 thru today so probably not lol...my gf scheduled it, im not sure how she even found it lol

Got our first dose...it was a nice process. In and out I’m about 25 minutes including the 15 min wait period you need to do. Now at Full Tilt brewery for some food and just a couple beers:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Since it’s an average per inning, it won’t make a difference. However, your question made me wonder about extra inning games. They now start a runner on second base so I’m wondering if that runner scores, is it counted against a pitcher’s era. Had the pitcher come into the game with a runner on second, it would have been the previous pitcher’s run, right? And what about taking a loss in extras? That’s some bs too.

It does not count as an earned run.  

I don’t think the player on 2nd rule should start until the 12th inning at the earliest.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

It does not count as an earned run.  

I don’t think the player on 2nd rule should start until the 12th inning at the earliest.

Yes, I looked it up and it’s treated as a runner reached on an error, but it does hurt the won lost record though. I like your idea better than the immediate runner on second.

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Caps not taking care of business tonight against a crappy Buffalo team.

Losing 5-2 to Buffalo tonight? :lol:

Islanders also lost tonight but to the Bruins... Penguins lost in the SO to the Flyers.  Going to be interesting to see in what order WSH/NYI/PIT are (I don't think BOS can catch either one for the 3 seed but strangers things have happened) for the playoffs.  Starts out as intradivision... so #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3.  NHL would really like IMO PIT/WSH at that 2/3 spot for the 1st round of the playoffs IMO

8 hours ago, yoda said:

Losing 5-2 to Buffalo tonight? :lol:

Islanders also lost tonight but to the Bruins... Penguins lost in the SO to the Flyers.  Going to be interesting to see in what order WSH/NYI/PIT are (I don't think BOS can catch either one for the 3 seed but strangers things have happened) for the playoffs.  Starts out as intradivision... so #1 plays #4 and #2 plays #3.  NHL would really like IMO PIT/WSH at that 2/3 spot for the 1st round of the playoffs IMO

Rangers are playing great. I wouldn't count them out of sneaking into the 4th spot. It's a long shot but there peaking at the right time.

So like I said yesterday, got 1st pfizer shot at notre dame university of MD last night, nice process.  Slight arm pain at site of injection but probably wouldnt notice it if I didnt know I got the shot. Otherwise no problems to note as of now.  Had the equivalent of probably about 3 beers last night after the shot, seems no effect. I did hydrate very well yesterday, probably close to 100 ounces of fluid and am hydrating this morning....So all good as of now! Off to the beach after work:D

• Like 7
  • Weenie 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:52 AM, blueberryfaygo said:

yeah I just checked anyone anywhere can get on a plane.. they should probably advertise that more.. I think a lot of people think that they arent allowed to travel.

I think a lot of people are concerned about flying because they’re packed into a tube with a couple hundred of their closest friends who may or may not have COVID. The others aren’t traveling because they don’t think they need to given the public health emergency.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

So like I said yesterday, got 1st pfizer shot at notre dame university of MD last night, nice process.  Slight arm pain at site of injection but probably wouldnt notice it if I didnt know I got the shot. Otherwise no problems to note as of now.  Had the equivalent of probably about 3 beers last night after the shot, seems no effect. I did hydrate very well yesterday, probably close to 100 ounces of fluid and am hydrating this morning....So all good as of now! Off to the beach after work:D

I forgot to add that the view of students walking wasnt too bad since its an all girls college:lol:

• Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

At Ten Eyck Brewery between Stevensville and Easton on the way to the beach! Not bad. Decent beers. Nothing spectacular but nothing bad. Been here yet @CAPE?

5A7C6DA2-BFCA-421A-BCA8-A903A02103CA.jpeg

I hope you are going to DFH while you are at the beach. Chesapeake & Maine usually has aged WWS/120 min IPA on tap. And stop at the brewery in Milton- the shop there has all the WWS varieties plus aged ones, and aged 120s. 16 bucks a bottle but worth getting a couple, as both are supposedly better with age. I picked up a 2008 WWS last weekend.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 7:18 AM, MacChump said:

sensible states like florida

Florida is doing very well considering their elderly population. Maybe one day you will be able to put aside the snark and self-righteousness even in the face of the facts and get with the program. I have my doubts, though. Stay home, stay safe is the best bet for you, I think. We are good out here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2021 at 6:52 AM, blueberryfaygo said:

yeah I just checked anyone anywhere can get on a plane.. they should probably advertise that more.. I think a lot of people think that they arent allowed to travel.

People are literally waiting on the CDC and Dr. Fauci to tell them it's OK to live again. That's why they are fully vaccinated and still hiding out with masks on.

They may be goners. 

• Like 1

"hiding out with masks on"

lol

'People' are living, and wearing masks where it is required and prudent to do so. Can't say I have come across a single person who is sheltering in place over COVID and waiting for some official OK from Fauci. What a pathetic misrepresentation of reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

lol

'People' are living, and wearing masks where it is required and prudent to do so. Can't say I have come across a single person who is sheltering in place over COVID and waiting for some official OK from Fauci. What a pathetic misrepresentation of reality.

Hitting the IPAs early today? Yeah, life is good, don’t worry about my rants. Just a crazy person over here. As long as the liquor stores stay open I wouldn’t worry. 

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

People are literally waiting on the CDC and Dr. Fauci to tell them it's OK to live again. That's why they are fully vaccinated and still hiding out with masks on.

They may be goners. 

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

lol

I haven't said a whole lot, but maybe a few noticed I was gone for stretches of time over the past year..... Anyway. I met someone online back in a chat room (for trains) late Feb last year, she lives in SoCal. So, yes, I HAVE traveled a LOT these past 15 months or so, probably 12-14 times. I've flown into SNA, LAX, SEA (first meeting, her sister lives there and she wanted an 'escape' in case I wasn't who I said I was lol) and we've met in STL and DEN a few times, plus seen my son there too. I learned that it is WELL worth the extra 40-60 bucks to fly Delta, they DON"T pack you like cattle and I've only had one cancel/reschedule with them. I started with United, they changed my flight EVERY time and 'packed the bus' each time. I flew with them this last time on short notice and they did it again, so there IS a pattern, just an FYI for those flying. And so I can officially announce that after almost 8 years after my wife passed, I am getting married again in October. Never thought I would be saying that, but she is an awesome person and we are a perfect match, strange how that happens when you aren't even trying to look. She is moving here, likes the slower pace and her company is letting her work from here the last few years she wants to stay. I guess we can call this an announcement, lol.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

I haven't said a whole lot, but maybe a few noticed I was gone for stretches of time over the past year..... Anyway. I met someone online back in a chat room (for trains) late Feb last year, she lives in SoCal. So, yes, I HAVE traveled a LOT these past 15 months or so, probably 12-14 times. I've flown into SNA, LAX, SEA (first meeting, her sister lives there and she wanted an 'escape' in case I wasn't who I said I was lol) and we've met in STL and DEN a few times, plus seen my son there too. I learned that it is WELL worth the extra 40-60 bucks to fly Delta, they DON"T pack you like cattle and I've only had one cancel/reschedule with them. I started with United, they changed my flight EVERY time and 'packed the bus' each time. I flew with them this last time on short notice and they did it again, so there IS a pattern, just an FYI for those flying. And so I can officially announce that after almost 8 years after my wife passed, I am getting married again in October. Never thought I would be saying that, but she is an awesome person and we are a perfect match, strange how that happens when you aren't even trying to look. She is moving here, likes the slower pace and her company is letting her work from here the last few years she wants to stay. I guess we can call this an announcement, lol.

Cool congrats. Happy to have been a part of the announcement. LOL

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Congrats! You just never know where life will take you. I'm happy for you. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

“Required and prudent” to wear a mask and distance when fully vaccinated with the wonder vaccine. No way that makes sense to you, @CAPE. You aren’t that sheepish. You can turn off the virtue signaling with me. I get you. 

Last I checked there aren't too many who are fully vaccinated. The reality is masks are still required to enter stores/places of business, and in most cases one's place of work. How about Airports? Airplanes? Yes, it seems like the reasonable thing to do. Or you can refuse to mask up and essentially shelter in place, have everything delivered, and hang out in the back yard or whatever. At least you would have your "freedom" I guess. You don't do that though. You do exactly what everyone else does. The drive-by hyperbolic grandstanding posts are entertaining though, lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Last I checked there aren't too many who are fully vaccinated. The reality is masks are still required to enter stores/places of business, and in most cases one's place of work. How about Airports? Airplanes? Yes, it seems like the reasonable thing to do. Or you can refuse to mask up and essentially shelter in place, have everything delivered, and hang out in the back yard or whatever. At least you would have your "freedom" I guess. You don't do that though. You do exactly what everyone else does. The drive-by hyperbolic grandstanding posts are entertaining though, lol. 

LOL at agreeing to obey dumb rules you know make no sense because that’s just the way it is. Wake up, dude. 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic