Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

54 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

If you want just call the 800 number. They schedule appts right over the phone. That is how I got my daughters shot at M&T. 

I got Moderna (1st dose), Mr. J got J&J and older Miss J got Pfizer (1st dose). We all just had a sore arm at the sight of injection. But I have heard of people having the whole arm react. Called COVID arm apparently. To put it in perspective I had a sore arm with the FLU shot this year. I can only ever get shots or blood work in my right arm, due to removal of Lymph nodes from the left side. So my right arm takes the brunt of any needle. But I did not notice any worse soreness. My muscle apparently was trying to push the needle out. All the working out has my biceps woke up. And no bleeding at all did not even need a band aid. Mr. J still has a bruise from his J&J shot. But he even gets that sometimes when he gives blood. 

I just called and they said that I was still in the pre-registration phase.  I asked if i could change my  primary location and was told that it would put me back at the end of the line.  

I'll be in Hagerstown today and might see if they have any wail ins available at the mass vaccination site  at the outlets. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Agreed with those who say just the spot where the needle went in. The second shot was more of a general shoulder muscle ache, but nothing different than pretty much any other shot I've ever had.

I’ve heard from a lot of people that the needle was harder to feel than others, was that your experience?

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Shot 1 of Moderna last friday and I had Covid arm.  A red rash area around where I got the shot.  And it hurt a bit for a day or so.  All the discomfort I'll gladly take just to be protected better.

Probably not a very good time to play the "Punch buggy" game :P

Happy to see y'all getting the vax after a tenuous wait! Shot 2 hits like a truck, so prepare yourselves with lots of water and rest. 

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Probably not a very good time to play the "Punch buggy" game :P

Happy to see y'all getting the vax after a tenuous wait! Shot 2 hits like a truck, so prepare yourselves with lots of water and rest. 

Given how shot 1 hit me i'm hoping shot 2 will have less effect.  Doesn't matter tho  It didn't last for days and it let me know it was working.  I'm already gushing spike proteins.  i can feel them flowing around looking for the best wi-fi connection until the next best GPS satellite comes around.  Hi, Bill Gates!!  Windows is the best OS!!!!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

Given how shot 1 hit me i'm hoping shot 2 will have less effect.  Doesn't matter tho  It didn't last for days and it let me know it was working.  I'm already gushing spike proteins.  i can feel them flowing around looking for the best wi-fi connection until the next best GPS satellite comes around.  Hi, Bill Gates!!  Windows is the best OS!!!!

It's too bad that the first shot only gives you Windows Vista though....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

I’ve heard from a lot of people that the needle was harder to feel than others, was that your experience?

Yup. The first shot was *so* painless that I honestly doubted they actually poked me! :lol:

I felt the second shot more, but I've been much more uncomfortable while receiving plenty of other shots in the past.

9 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah, even the worst teams win 60 games lol...I think they have a few good players but the pitching really lacks and right now Mancini and a couple other of the bigger bats are slow to start...Im still hopeful they can get 70 wins but Id be fairly shocked if they pull out any more than 70

Was suppose to go to the game tonight.  Made it down to about woodbine before they postponed it. Gonna need to leave work early (What a shame) and pull the kids out of school a little early . Make up game tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toolsheds said:

I just called and they said that I was still in the pre-registration phase.  I asked if i could change my  primary location and was told that it would put me back at the end of the line.  

I'll be in Hagerstown today and might see if they have any wail ins available at the mass vaccination site  at the outlets. 

Try this number :D

FEC0352C-93C1-4724-83E2-1CE6AE94407F.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Im not exactly "team vaccine" but in support of my GF and the fact that we dont want our travel restricted, we're scheduled for dose 1 of pfizer tomorrow at Notre Dame of MD University.  We'll see how it goes!

Travel is not currently restricted by  having/ not having vaccine.   At least airline travel is not.  Do you think that they will add that?  Last I checked it was mostly negative PCR tests for places like Hawaii and Puerto Rico and honor system for everywhere else. 

The only thing I could see happening would be the federal govt stepping in and mandating stuff.. like vaccine requirements.. and that quickly getting overridden by sensible states like Florida. 

Its funny cause I actually work for a company that stood to make a shit ton of money on vaccine passports in Florida as they actually manage the health care notification system that would provide real time vaccine data in people.

The upper management was all giddy that they were going cash on the Pandemic... then it was cancelled because some people in Florida figured out it was just a money grab.  I was actually happy.  The company was entering dangerous territory regarding HIPPA and Consent and privacy.. money will make people do foolish stuff sometime.

1 hour ago, blueberryfaygo said:

Travel is not currently restricted by  having/ not having vaccine.   At least airline travel is not.  Do you think that they will add that?  Last I checked it was mostly negative PCR tests for places like Hawaii and Puerto Rico and honor system for everywhere else. 

The only thing I could see happening would be the federal govt stepping in and mandating stuff.. like vaccine requirements.. and that quickly getting overridden by sensible states like Florida. 

Thought I read some places were requiring the vaccine card. Either way, if not some places potentially could in the future. It’s just not something I want to deal with since we like to travel so oh well, vaccine it is 

14 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Thought I read some places were requiring the vaccine card. Either way, if not some places potentially could in the future. It’s just not something I want to deal with since we like to travel so oh well, vaccine it is 

yeah I am gonna get mine too. I feel like we all have to do our part to get through this.  I just hate to see people trying to cash in on it.

I posted this a few days ago, but for those trying to find specific vaccines, this site is pretty neat.

On 4/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, nw baltimore wx said:

I just read an article about a guy that developed a website for finding vaccination appointments nationally. I think appointments are plentiful in our area these days but this is a great tool for finding an appointment near you and for a specific vaccine or dose. It’s also just pretty darn cool. 

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/

24 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I posted this a few days ago, but for those trying to find specific vaccines, this site is pretty neat.

Yea this site is great! With kids you can only get them the Pfizer. So being able to filter out for just that specific one was great. It does not cover the Mass Sites only pharmacies, but even though I knew someone who knew about the shots at M&T I may have to use this for when the younger Miss J's age range is eligible. I like it that there are people out there who want to make it easier on everyone during a still stressful time. :)

Has anybody gotten the shot at Notre dame university of MD on Charles st?..just curious if its been a good experience or not there. Scheduled for it today at 545...Apparently they only are doing it April 12 thru today so probably not lol...my gf scheduled it, im not sure how she even found it lol

Baseball Statistic question here.  Normally ERA is based on a 9 inning game.  Any thoughts on if those 7 inning doubleheader games will calculate ERA differently?  

I know that most pitchers don't pitch 9 innings, or even 7 anymore, but just wondering how the formula might change because of this. 

7 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Baseball Statistic question here.  Normally ERA is based on a 9 inning game.  Any thoughts on if those 7 inning doubleheader games will calculate ERA differently?  

I know that most pitchers don't pitch 9 innings, or even 7 anymore, but just wondering how the formula might change because of this.

Since it’s an average per inning, it won’t make a difference. However, your question made me wonder about extra inning games. They now start a runner on second base so I’m wondering if that runner scores, is it counted against a pitcher’s era. Had the pitcher come into the game with a runner on second, it would have been the previous pitcher’s run, right? And what about taking a loss in extras? That’s some bs too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

No.  that would completely skew the historical stats.

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Since it’s an average per inning, it won’t make a difference. However, your question made me wonder about extra inning games. They now start a runner on second base so I’m wondering if that runner scores, is it counted against a pitcher’s era. Had the pitcher come into the game with a runner on second, it would have been the precious pitcher’s run, right? And what about taking a loss in extras? That’s some bs too.

I totally agree.  Some of the relievers contracts are based on statistics, so do they lose in the end? 

In the big scheme of the things, this is all just banter, but i thought it was something that would be good to discuss here. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic