Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, FXW176 said:

@mappy @WxUSAF @BlizzardNole  @toolsheds

Can any of y’all (and others I may have missed) kindly recommend a good hummingbird feeder? And your nectar ratio? Wanna try to add more pretty flying things around mi casa. Thanks!

I have one that looks similar to this Hummingbird Feeder but in red

i use a one to four ratio of sugar and water 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mappy said:

drove to Pikesville only to be turned away due to the J&J issue. Thankfully the county had sent me a link over the weekend for an appointment, and it still worked. Scheduled one for this afternoon at the fairgrounds. will get pfizer instead. 

Shot 1 in the arm! The fairgrounds was a well oiled machine. So quick and well organized. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

They are killing it there. And I was through there in February- they are probably even more efficient now.

It really was. Took me longer to drive there and home then actually being there. 

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Glad it worked out after that runaround!

Me too! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Damn, Caps are on a roll these last two games.  Also liked Mantha’s contributions tonight!

Anthony is the MANtha! Great game. I wasn’t that sad Jake was gone. Anthony is a better fit for the system. He’ll be a 30 goal scorer in a full season with this team. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

That doesn't translate to being a good team. 

Yeah, even the worst teams win 60 games lol...I think they have a few good players but the pitching really lacks and right now Mancini and a couple other of the bigger bats are slow to start...Im still hopeful they can get 70 wins but Id be fairly shocked if they pull out any more than 70

47 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Im not exactly "team vaccine" but in support of my GF and the fact that we dont want our travel restricted, we're scheduled for dose 1 of pfizer tomorrow at Notre Dame of MD University.  We'll see how it goes!

Great! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Thanks...we're supposed to go down OC the next day (friday) so hopefully no nasty side effects

for what its worth, I got pfizer yesterday and besides a very sore arm this morning, I feel fine. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George BM said:

When you all who've already gotten the shot (I hope to get mine within the next week or two) talk about a sore arm do you mean the entire arm or just the area that got the shot?...

Everyone reacts differently of course.

Just the upper part of my arm where they jabbed me. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, George BM said:

When you all who've already gotten the shot (I hope to get mine within the next week or two) talk about a sore arm do you mean the entire arm or just the area that got the shot?...

I got the Pfizer one, first round from elbow to shoulder for about half a day. The second maybe right around the actual shot area for 2 hours. Had a headache for a few hours one the first one too, second nada.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 11:08 AM, toolsheds said:

pre-registered, but still waiting for the link to schedule an appointment. :-( 

If you want just call the 800 number. They schedule appts right over the phone. That is how I got my daughters shot at M&T. 

36 minutes ago, George BM said:

I got Moderna (1st dose), Mr. J got J&J and older Miss J got Pfizer (1st dose). We all just had a sore arm at the sight of injection. But I have heard of people having the whole arm react. Called COVID arm apparently. To put it in perspective I had a sore arm with the FLU shot this year. I can only ever get shots or blood work in my right arm, due to removal of Lymph nodes from the left side. So my right arm takes the brunt of any needle. But I did not notice any worse soreness. My muscle apparently was trying to push the needle out. All the working out has my biceps woke up. And no bleeding at all did not even need a band aid. Mr. J still has a bruise from his J&J shot. But he even gets that sometimes when he gives blood. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, George BM said:

Agreed with those who say just the spot where the needle went in. The second shot was more of a general shoulder muscle ache, but nothing different than pretty much any other shot I've ever had.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, George BM said:

Shot 1 of Moderna last friday and I had Covid arm.  A red rash area around where I got the shot.  And it hurt a bit for a day or so.  All the discomfort I'll gladly take just to be protected better.

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic