Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

4 hours ago, wxtrix said:

had my second Moderna shot at 1 pm. you can't imagine the relief. my husband is in a high risk group, so i have been the frontline person for over a year now.  I've only been inside buildings for necessary medical appointments. I just couldn't risk bringing covid home to someone I love so much and almost lost to a medical emergency in 2019. now we both can return to normal things. did i mention I was relieved?

Awesome to hear! Hope you continue to feel good post 2nd dose. Take care

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MacChump said:

Second Pfizer shot yesterday...feel great this morning, just a bit of arm soreness 

DEF9DB87-D481-4F9C-B45D-5A4334EB9E7B.gif

6 hours ago, wxtrix said:

had my second Moderna shot at 1 pm. you can't imagine the relief. my husband is in a high risk group, so i have been the frontline person for over a year now.  I've only been inside buildings for necessary medical appointments. I just couldn't risk bringing covid home to someone I love so much and almost lost to a medical emergency in 2019. now we both can return to normal things. did i mention I was relieved?

Woohoo! 

• Like 2

If you’ve never been, you tulip photographers should really make a trip to longwood gardens by end of the month or so. We have a yearly pass and went last weekend but nothing much was blooming yet, but when the tulips start blooming they are spectacular. Probably next weekend, definitely the week after?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vice-Regent said:

It doesn't matter but I won't torment you on this beautiful day. I would suggest keeping the vaccine talk out of banter. The mindset must be we need everyone on board but the damage is done dude. It doesn't matter the status quo is not coming back and COVID wasn't likely to kill anyone on this forum anyway.

From a purely selfish perspective there is no incentive and there is nobody out there worth dieing for and there is much more downside risk than can ever be justified.

I will make an exception for you if you were vaccinated due to travel or occupational reasons.

I’m gonna quote these really wise words I recently read elsewhere: lol get bent 

• Haha 1

I just read an article about a guy that developed a website for finding vaccination appointments nationally. I think appointments are plentiful in our area these days but this is a great tool for finding an appointment near you and for a specific vaccine or dose. It’s also just pretty darn cool. 

https://www.vaccinespotter.org/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MacChump said:

If you’ve never been, you tulip photographers should really make a trip to longwood gardens by end of the month or so. We have a yearly pass and went last weekend but nothing much was blooming yet, but when the tulips start blooming they are spectacular. Probably next weekend, definitely the week after?

That would be cool!  Unfortunately I have too much going on this year to head up that way, but definitely sounds like an idea for another spring.  Appreciate the suggestion!

9 hours ago, MacChump said:

I’m gonna quote these really wise words I recently read elsewhere: lol get bent 

LOL!  I guess this is the equivalent of @stormtracker's "Shut up, Chuck!" line!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MacChump said:

I said this last year, but when it's possible go to Ottawa.  The Netherlands gifts them lots of tulip bulbs every year in recognition of Canada's effort in WWII, both in liberating the country and also taking in the Dutch royal family. 

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/princess-margriet-of-the-netherlands

12 hours ago, MacChump said:

The Mister and I went years and years ago during tulip season and omg they were amazing. We’ve also gone at Christmas time a couple times. Absolutely love that place and we need to get up there soon with the kiddo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mappy said:

The Mister and I went years and years ago during tulip season and omg they were amazing. We’ve also gone at Christmas time a couple times. Absolutely love that place and we need to get up there soon with the kiddo. 

We have tickets for next Saturday morning - should be flush w/ the bloom. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

I've had a problem being able to see lightning in my area my entire life. I've always lived near trees. I use to get in my car and drive to some spots I had. Life changed forever back in January when I bought a drone. This evening I took that thing 350' straight up and parked it in the sky. I sat there with a huge smile on my face watching lightning and the sunset. The rain shaft was amazing. I could see it coming at me as it was engulfing the landscape as it headed my way. This drone is life changing lol

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

I've had a problem being able to see lightning in my area my entire life. I've always lived near trees. I use to get in my car and drive to some spots I had. Life changed forever back in January when I bought a drone. This evening I took that thing 350' straight up and parked it in the sky. I sat there with a huge smile on my face watching lightning and the sunset. The rain shaft was amazing. I could see it coming at me as it was engulfing the landscape as it headed my way. This drone is life changing lol

What was your search process if you don’t mind my asking? I’m thinking to get a drone before I start hitting the road for chase season but I don’t know where to start. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic