• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

HREFv3 full implementation has been pushed back to mid-May as it undergoes stability testing at NCO (30 days). There will be a replacement of the NMMB Core with the FV3 Dynamical Core where improvements in both the horizontal grid spacing and vertical levels will lead to better statistical output as the NMMB core was the worst performing model in the previous Ensemble set. This is the beginning of the phased implementation of the new FV3 core to replace the older Nonhydrostatic Models we've used within the HiRes family. Big, positive changes for the model world! I'm sure @high risk would know more than me off the bat. I just got done reading the final presentation overview of the changes. I'm excited!   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I heard that too. I did it. I drank lots of water before and all evening after. Not a single side effect. Woke up feeling great this morning. I had Moderna dose 1 yesterday. 

Ah yeah the second dose will be when you really feel it 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

HREFv3 full implementation has been pushed back to mid-May as it undergoes stability testing at NCO (30 days). There will be a replacement of the NMMB Core with the FV3 Dynamical Core where improvements in both the horizontal grid spacing and vertical levels will lead to better statistical output as the NMMB core was the worst performing model in the previous Ensemble set. This is the beginning of the phased implementation of the new FV3 core to replace the older Nonhydrostatic Models we've used within the HiRes family. Big, positive changes for the model world! I'm sure @high risk would know more than me off the bat. I just got done reading the final presentation overview of the changes. I'm excited!   

In other words we will actually know it’s not going to snow before it doesn’t snow? Lol

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

I heard that too. I did it. I drank lots of water before and all evening after. Not a single side effect. Woke up feeling great this morning. I had Moderna dose 1 yesterday. 

Feeling fine here too after shot 1 of Moderna. Slight soreness where they did the shot but that’s it

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

Second Pfizer shot yesterday...feel great this morning, just a bit of arm soreness 

DEF9DB87-D481-4F9C-B45D-5A4334EB9E7B.gif

I got my second Pfizer shot at 4PM on a Friday and was feeling pretty crappy by noon Saturday. I had a fever and chills all afternoon with a headache, but felt fine by Sunday. Pretty crazy how fast the whole process happens.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Whiskey is the official alcohol of covid vaccinations. :drunk:

19 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

fwiw, I got my second dose of Pfizer in late February and had no side effects at all. Not even the sore arm I had with my first shot. You don't have to assume you will have side effects. 

It doesn't matter but I won't torment you on this beautiful day. I would suggest keeping the vaccine talk out of banter. The mindset must be we need everyone on board but the damage is done dude. It doesn't matter the status quo is not coming back and COVID wasn't likely to kill anyone on this forum anyway.

From a purely selfish perspective there is no incentive and there is nobody out there worth dieing for and there is much more downside risk than can ever be justified.

I will make an exception for you if you were vaccinated due to travel or occupational reasons.

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

There’s a reason I use ignore.

Glad to hear that you got to Dogfish!

Hold we are not done yet. The Earth is about to put you on ignore so I would tread lightly. Civilization is a high risk low return game for the vast majority of humanity and future generations.

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Regular WWS or bourbon barrel aged for HH? Think I will go with the original.

They both are right at the top of the list of high gravity stouts for me, along with a few others.

I’ve been on a major bourbon barrel aged kick lately. Would like to try that one. I’ll probably have a couple somewhere tomorrow, took a break the last few days. Just need to scope out who currently has some good beers on tap 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I’ve been on a major bourbon barrel aged kick lately. Would like to try that one. I’ll probably have a couple somewhere tomorrow, took a break the last few days. Just need to scope out who currently has some good beers on tap 

They have plenty in the shop at the DFH Brewery in Milton, along with the regular WWS and other hard to find high gravity beers. I haven't seen it at any stores locally for a long time. Make a reservation online and you can go into the tap room and eat and drink, or eat/drink outside. It was pretty packed today as the sun came out early down there. Cool place if you haven't been yet.

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

They have plenty in the shop at the DFH Brewery in Milton, along with the regular WWS and other hard to find high gravity beers. I haven't seen it at any stores locally for a long time. Make a reservation online and you can go into the tap room and eat and drink, or eat/drink outside. It was pretty packed today as the sun came out early down there. Cool place if you haven't been yet.

Too far for just a random visit but we might go to the beach next weekend so maybe can make the drive up if we do. Would be cool to go, because I haven’t been but I do like a majority of their beers. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah baby. It's been awhile. This bad boy is big. BIG. Just gonna sip it. (see that danger cap?) :drunk:

wws.thumb.jpg.500ee3f5b85a2a2e7015ee2b75e6e2c9.jpg

You’re really tempting me to make a stop at the wine merchant across the street haha. I know they have the 120 minute there and the raisin d extra 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

You’re really tempting me to make a stop at the wine merchant across the street haha. I know they have the 120 minute there and the raisin d extra 

get  both. picked them up today. the 120 is like no other IPA, and the raison is superb imo.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic