Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Wife got her second Pfizer at the George Mason Patriot Center today. Apparently they're only doing second shots there, and she said the place was absolutely rocking! Apparently the workers were singing and dancing to Toto and Def Leppard (among other stuff) blasting over the sound system. :lol:

I got my first shot at a Safeway.  They told me once they run out of the Pfizer vaccine, they will be switching over to the J&J.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, H2O said:

First shot done!!!!!!  Wait four weeks and it will be complete!  I’m getting some weird signals in my head and there was a drone following me home. Should I be worried?

Nah, I thought you always had voices in your head anyhow!! :D

But I'd be cautious about interactions between the chip implant from the vaccine and any metal fillings you might have.  Never know what station you might tune into!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Is it safe to drink booze the day of getting the shot?  I wanna fricken celebrate

Thought I read somewhere that it wasnt recommended to drink alcohol for 24 hours after shot...Could be wrong but I feel like I read that...Having said that, I say go for it and let us all know how it worked out :). Of course you wont know the cause for feeling like poo if you drink enough

7 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Thought I read somewhere that it wasnt recommended to drink alcohol for 24 hours after shot...Could be wrong but I feel like I read that...Having said that, I say go for it and let us all know how it worked out :). Of course you wont know the cause for feeling like poo if you drink enough

I just read an article saying that it won’t affect the vax but it’s not recommended because it can make any side effects worse. And it’s just until those go away

9 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

It is mixed.  They never study in the trials about the effects alcohol had on the vaccine.  I had one when I mine.

24 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah Im sure a beer or two wouldnt hurt either way. Just might not wanna overdo it with the hard stuff lol

A drink or 2 wont hurt, but more than that wouldn't be very wise, given the possibility of side effects from the vaccine. That on top of drinking might not be pleasant lol.

I had a beer a couple hours after getting the first moderna shot.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I just read an article saying that it won’t affect the vax but it’s not recommended because it can make any side effects worse. And it’s just until those go away

As with most things, you’ll be fine if you don’t overdo it...I stopped off at a good brewery close to my vac site that I don’t get to very much and picked up my celebration pack and I will most certainly be cracking a few open this evening

edit: which is what pretty much everybody else said

• Like 2

Just now, wxdude64 said:

Have you gotten both shots??

Sure have! I got mine in February. Wife is wicked high risk for Covid, and any respiratory illnesses due to her rare heart defects, so we played it ultra safe when stuff hit the fan. We both qualified for 1B in Texas, so we got that ASAP. We are all set and ready for travel again :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Is it safe to drink booze the day of getting the shot?  I wanna fricken celebrate

23 hours ago, mattie g said:

I felt very few obvious effects after my second Pfizer. I got pretty tired about 12 hours after, had a slightly sore arm, and *maybe* a bit of a stiff neck and lower back the day after (which are symptoms I get when I get sick), but even those could have been from sleeping poorly. I got the shot on Friday morning, got banged up that evening, and was doing yardwork on Saturday.

Of course, on Sunday I googled whether the lack of side effects from the vaccine meant that it didn't work. :lol:

4 hours ago, H2O said:

First shot done!!!!!!  Wait four weeks and it will be complete!  I’m getting some weird signals in my head and there was a drone following me home. Should I be worried?

Just got back from getting the older Miss J jabbed at M&T. She joked that she now has boarding clearance to see her Alien race she was spawned from. :D

5 hours ago, mattie g said:

Wife got her second Pfizer at the George Mason Patriot Center today. Apparently they're only doing second shots there, and she said the place was absolutely rocking! Apparently the workers were singing and dancing to Toto and Def Leppard (among other stuff) blasting over the sound system. :lol:

M&T was hopping today also. Think they got a back up as had to wait in a line but it moved on through. Got inside and as Miss J is a minor got priority move up through check in. I swear we witnessed over 2000 people in just the hour and a half we were there go through the line. Did not mind that it took longer as it was so nice to see so many people getting it. Extremely efficient well run gig going on there. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Whiskey is the official alcohol of covid vaccinations. :drunk:

I don't drink but I did get home and enjoyed a nice hybrid strain of medical marijuana that packed a punch. Jabbed at 3pm. Chilling by 4:20. Process was smooth. Round 2 in a few weeks. Thank you science.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

24 minutes ago, Rvarookie said:

Va doesn’t begin selling flower until September, but been quite impressed with the carts. So convenient for beach or wherever

Oh for sure. Great for parents that don't want to smell up the house and neighborhood or chilling on the boat or the beach. Sun and alcohol don't mix. Some cannibus oil and some cold water to drink makes for a fun healthy day in the sun imo. 

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Moderna shot 2 today!  

And sorry gotta disagree.....nothing better than chilling on the beach with a beer or white claw. :D

Good luck! Try to drink water, I hear it helps with the side effects

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic