Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Curry ketchup? Now that sounds like a food of the gods....didn't know it existed! I use Frank's Red Hot like that. I often pour it all over my breakfast sandwiches and on rare occasions, scrapple. For me, their tagline is spot-on -- "I put that sh*t on EVERYTHING!"  :) 

We used to have a German Beer garden restaurant in Frederick, I think the one is Leesburg is still open, Donner Bistro I believe it was called. They had curry ketchup and that shiz was the bomb! Used to get one of their Donner cups with fries and shawarma with a side of knockwurst and drowned it in curry ketchup. Need to learn how to make it. I make my own Alabama white sauce for grilled chicken.  

1 hour ago, Will - Rutgers said:

how come the Mid-Atlantic banter thread is so much better than the NYC one

buncha hoopleheads all hopped up on strange breakfast meats, drinking maple syrup out of the bottle, stuffing jello molds full of hot dogs and canned pastas ya'll need jesus

We obsess over Old Bay that is all you need to know. :D 

Now I am researching GF liquor this morning.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Only the homemade baked stuff. Not the boxed creamy stuff. Think about it like Lasagna without the meat. :D

I don't mind the boxed stuff -- but I LOVE homemade mac and cheese.  All the different cheeses to go with the pasta - usually I use shells

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

We used to have a German Beer garden restaurant in Frederick, I think the one is Leesburg is still open, Donner Bistro I believe it was called. They had curry ketchup and that shiz was the bomb! Used to get one of their Donner cups with fries and shawarma with a side of knockwurst and drowned it in curry ketchup. Need to learn how to make it. I make my own Alabama white sauce for grilled chicken.  

We obsess over Old Bay that is all you need to know. :D 

Now I am researching GF liquor this morning.  

We need a dedicated food thread.  Really.  @Mrs.J could be the lead teacher in the thread and teach us all the secret recipes and ways to make food :lol: 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

We need a dedicated food thread.  Really.  @Mrs.J could be the lead teacher in the thread and teach us all the secret recipes and ways to make food :lol: 

I could be on board with that. I am more than happy to put up recipes. I do agree a separate place for it would keep it all together. :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

I thought this was your boat

0fa1813bb3cbec2a4d812b2ae66bd62c.jpg

Retired and fully reanimated now lol.

In all seriousness though, I think we see a similar setup to last season in that the environment looks more favorable in the western Atlantic than the MDR.

Given how hyperactive the Caribbean was, we might see more activity in the Gulf and off the SE coast rather than big Caribbean systems. The 180 ACE predicted by CSU is just shy of last year’s season. Fewer storms but longer lived this season?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

My wife also has Pfizer and she had very few side effects to either shot. But I have a weaker constitution so we’ll see :oldman:

I felt very few obvious effects after my second Pfizer. I got pretty tired about 12 hours after, had a slightly sore arm, and *maybe* a bit of a stiff neck and lower back the day after (which are symptoms I get when I get sick), but even those could have been from sleeping poorly. I got the shot on Friday morning, got banged up that evening, and was doing yardwork on Saturday.

Of course, on Sunday I googled whether the lack of side effects from the vaccine meant that it didn't work. :lol:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I felt very few obvious effects after my second Pfizer. I got pretty tired about 12 hours after, had a slightly sore arm, and *maybe* a bit of a stiff neck and lower back the day after (which are symptoms I get when I get sick), but even those could have been from sleeping poorly. I got the shot on Friday morning, got banged up that evening, and was doing yardwork on Saturday.

Of course, on Sunday I googled whether the lack of side effects from the vaccine meant that it didn't work. :lol:

I got as sick as I’ve been in 10 years after the second Pfizer shot. I don’t think all the whiskey I drank helped, but it was that day where the line at Six Flags was 4 miles long.  I left work around noon, drove to Six Flags, waited for three hours to get the shot, and drove home. Five hours in the car will make you want whiskey.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

The ice cream truck came out to our neighborhood last week, timing it with Spring Break.  That seemed genius.

8 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

The one that rolls through our neighborhood plays La Cuckaracha (sp)

I remember the last ice cream truck that came through our neighborhood during a heat wave last August was blaring Jingle Bells and moved into Auld Lang Syne. Nothing says "Happy Holidays!" like a melting Bomb Pop.

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic