Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

15 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I like Ketchup but only on hamburgers and Mac and cheese. The German in me bans it on a good sausage. But give me some curry ketchup and that stuff would be on everything!

My sister-in-law extolls the virtues of fried bologna and ketchup...seriously!!

I think it was Clint Eastwood (in one of his movies, maybe one of the Dirty Harry ones?) who said "Nobody, I mean nobody, puts ketchup on a hotdog!"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

There was a play in my son's game the other night where the opposing keeper came out cleats first and took the striker out.....no call at all.  He did get a little of the ball, but the cleats first should have been a card.  It's all about protecting the players....and Karma is real thing, we won 6-0.

i really hesitate to criticize the referees for my daughters' soccer games as they get so much shit from parents on the sideline...missed calls happen...the parents that complain about a missed throw-in call at midfield drive me crazy...THAT BEING SAID my biggest gripe is definitely the refs that don't protect the players and let things get out of control...i've seen some pretty serious injuries as a result, and this is at the u-little stage...

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

This pairs perfectly with scrapple. Only DFH lol.

Beer for Breakfast | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off Centered Stuff  For Off Centered People

A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices. 

this is really good

51 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

I like Ketchup but only on hamburgers and Mac and cheese. The German in me bans it on a good sausage. But give me some curry ketchup and that stuff would be on everything!

Curry ketchup? Now that sounds like a food of the gods....didn't know it existed! I use Frank's Red Hot like that. I often pour it all over my breakfast sandwiches and on rare occasions, scrapple. For me, their tagline is spot-on -- "I put that sh*t on EVERYTHING!"  :) 

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Well, just read this thread for the first time in a week and I'm about all out of chances to give.

I strolled in looking to talk about Florida strippers pulling spiderman like web shooting moves and....

So let's talk about that.  If there is bodycam video of it then we can see if FLUIDS went 12-15 FEET

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Well, just read this thread for the first time in a week and I'm about all out of chances to give.

I strolled in looking to talk about Florida strippers pulling spiderman like web shooting moves and....

ive been out of chances. you're a better person than me.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

where's ravensrule when we need him 

Not sure.  But this story makes me think she could go to the carnival and do that midway game where you use the water gun to make the horse finish first.  Except she doesn't need the gun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

how come the Mid-Atlantic banter thread is so much better than the NYC one

buncha hoopleheads all hopped up on strange breakfast meats, drinking maple syrup out of the bottle, stuffing jello molds full of hot dogs and canned pastas ya'll need jesus

we are a weather starved close knit group. gotta chat about something when the weather is boring AF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Not sure.  But this story makes me think she could go to the carnival and do that midway game where you use the water gun to make the horse finish first.  Except she doesn't need the gun.

dude. the visual. lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MacChump said:

i really hesitate to criticize the referees for my daughters' soccer games as they get so much shit from parents on the sideline...missed calls happen...the parents that complain about a missed throw-in call at midfield drive me crazy...THAT BEING SAID my biggest gripe is definitely the refs that don't protect the players and let things get out of control...i've seen some pretty serious injuries as a result, and this is at the u-little stage...

Totally agree.  Since I started refereeing basketball last year, I have made it the point to let the officials do their job and only comment to myself.  Yelling at them will only make them either miss more calls, or make the wrong calls.  

MY concern as well is around the safety of the players.  Because he let a few things go the other night it was very chippy.  With about 3 minutes left in the first half a player for the other team was called for a dangerous play in the box on a corner kick.  He tried to heel kick the ball with his foot near player's head.  At the time, the call was right and we were awarded an indirect kick at the 6 yard line.  A few seconds later, the ref realized that our player was bleeding from the head because of the contact.  Because of this new information, he could have given the player a card and change the result of the foul to a direct (penalty) kick, but didn't.   The player couldn't play the second half because the bleeding never stopped, but could have been avoided if the referee had better control of the game. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic