Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I tried the original one a few years ago. They put a decent amount of scrapple in the mash. You could taste a subtle 'meatiness' in the background.

Ill def have to check that out, thanks for the recommendation!

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Tell Mr. Map to have a blessed day

LOL I will. He was a little upset that the Os pulled out that win last night, but as he always says "The Os are always hot at the beginning then fail in the end"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

ketchup! and it has to be cooked just right. crispy on the outside and squishy in the middle

Oh. I love ketchup with it too and YESSSSSS. You like it cooked the way I do! Best way to have it. It's the perfect texture component. Scrapple became a fav of mine in college. Going to school in SE PA has its benefits haha

• Like 1

Just now, snowfan said:

Ketchup w scrapple? What is wrong w you people? :banned:

Ketchup has a bit of sweetness component to balance the salt from the scrapple. I like it! Maple syrup just has that perfect sweet component to balance the rich, salty flavor of scrapple. I never thought I'd like the stuff until I had someone from philly make it for me. I was in heaven ^_^

10 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

I disagree. I thought it was a good play that he even cut it off to the wall. 

Just watching highlights from last night's game. I believe he was referring to the previous play where Mountcastle alligator arms it.  It was a Sanchez at bat. Pretty bad play. Out probability is most likely over 95% on that hit.  

Hit hard but close to mountcastle. Sanchez only ended with a single because he wasn't running hard out of the box.

2 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Toasted bagel + fried egg + choice of cheese + thick slice of scrapple. Don't need anything else.

Don't send me your dr bill. 

This is a delicious sandwich. Had a bagel sandwich with those exact ingredients, but also has a siracha aioli spread and drizzled with maple syrup. It's still a top 3 breakfast sandwich for me to this day. The scrapple has to be cooked right though. If not, it lacks the textural component to bring it all together with so many softer ingredients.  

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Eff off buddy. You only covered 1 side in your previous post . I told of the other side because I lived it and it's real .

You Really brought race into this ..really?.  You're a real class act . 

Flee? Lol 

This white flight person today is working down in west Baltimore off Ingleside Ave so......come on by ....bring a Natty bo with you though .:D

I generally agree with you on this one....I do like going into the city...obv the business/economic areas....That said, I dont think theres anything wrong with saying that in general Baltimore city has not gone in the right direction over the last 20-40 years and that most of the city is really impoverished and run down.  I think Balt Zen is a good dude, I met him once...but Im not sure hes realizing the everyday life of Balt City and the micro neighborhoods that you and I are talking about. I really dont want to make this about politics, race etc....But the leaders of Balt city have failed this city time and time again and continue to do so

15 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Oh. I love ketchup with it too and YESSSSSS. You like it cooked the way I do! Best way to have it. It's the perfect texture component. Scrapple became a fav of mine in college. Going to school in SE PA has its benefits haha

Mr Map grew up on the lower eastern shore, so scrapple was part of his upbringing, and then he had me try it when we first started dating. The kiddo loves it too. 

14 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Ketchup w scrapple? What is wrong w you people? :banned:

omg its so good with ketchup. and a cup of key lime pie flavored yogurt ;) 

7 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Toasted bagel + fried egg + choice of cheese + thick slice of scrapple. Don't need anything else.

Don't send me your dr bill. 

Yesssss -- Mr Map makes great scrapple egg and cheese bagel sandwiches. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mappy said:

ketchup! and it has to be cooked just right. crispy on the outside and squishy in the middle

Ketchup works....my college roomie also got me used to pouring maple syrup over scrapple back then. He was a master at making scrapple the way you describe....coating the slabs lightly in flour, browning it just so in a few pats of butter in the frying pan. Sometimes he'd cut up chunks of it with hash browns and brown that mixture together. OMG.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

Ketchup should be outlawed as an acceptable condiment for use w eggs. I will make it so when I'm president.

Noted to not vote for you :P 

Just now, vastateofmind said:

Ketchup works....my college roomie also got me used to pouring maple syrup over scrapple back then. He was a master at making scrapple the way you describe....coating the slabs lightly in flour, browning it just so in a few pats of butter in the frying pan. Sometimes he'd cut up chunks of it with hash browns and brown that mixture together. OMG.

Can't say I have tried it with maple syrup, but will now that many have recommended it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MacChump said:

I don’t want to live in the timeline where that’s not a straight red 

There was a play in my son's game the other night where the opposing keeper came out cleats first and took the striker out.....no call at all.  He did get a little of the ball, but the cleats first should have been a card.  It's all about protecting the players....and Karma is real thing, we won 6-0.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Mr Map got moderna. He's fine this AM, but probably will have the worst of it in early May when he gets his second. I'm getting J&J next week, and already anticipating being down for the count afterwards based on what I've heard from others. 

Mr J had slight are soreness and actually a bruise at injection site. Felt a bit fatigued about 12 hrs after but no other symptoms. I will let you know anything after I get my second Moderna. :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, H2O said:

English muffin, one egg fried or scrambled but made into a solid form, a sage sausage patty, muenster cheese and........ketchup.  

Yeah I said ketchup.  Fight me. 

Earlier this morning I got a sausage and egg McMuffin (hold the cheese; I hate that processed stuff).  As I was leaving the drive-through I looked in the bag and my first thought was, "I forgot to ask for ketchup."

If it's the standard egg McMuffin with Canadian bacon, though, ketchup is necessary to give it some flavor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

You know I have actually missed grocery shopping. I like you have been extremely cautious. Did not choose to get cancer at age 41, but being a survivor I was not going to be taken down by a virus. Dr’s appts and outdoor while masked activities has been the extent of my life since last March. April 20th I start to get my life back.

And so so super happy that I have Mr J who took on more responsibility when I had to stop. Even while working from home. He has been through so much with me over the years through my cancer diagnosis, bed rest with both of the girls just to name a few. This weekend we celebrate 22 years of being there for each other. I joked after he asked me to marry him that I would if he promised to push me in a wheelchair when I got old. Was joking but he has done just that. He got his shot on Tuesday and such a sense of relief went through me as he has been the one on the front line. We will celebrate yet another anniversary with take out at home. Did it while on bed rest. Did it as I recovered from cancer surgery. Did it last year and again this year. Does not matter where I celebrate as long as I celebrate it with Mr J. We can live it up next year if we choose. Or just be the introverts we are and stay home. 

Happy Early Anniversary to you and Mr. J! Hopefully this weekend is amazing and you can enjoy a nice evening or two :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Why does this boards emojis not have a barf one! Oh that is vile!!!

Yeah, we definitely need a vomit/barf emoji!  But I'm shocked you brought back the Vienna sausage and Spaghetti-Ohs image earlier!

All we need now is for @H2O to post something similar with cicadas, in honor of the upcoming Brood X!  Wait, I really didn't mean to ask that, now I'm kinda worried!! :o

ETA:  Was also going to mention, happy anniversary to you!!! :)

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic