Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Orioles home opener and my vaccination shot 1 today! Let’s go!

happy for you! Mr Map got his first yesterday, only thing he mentioned was injection site soreness and a little fatigue last night. hope it goes well!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, 5-4-3DP said:

I’m new to posting here (been lurking for years ) and honestly just come to read about weather and refrain from posting. Having said that there is definitely a rather noticeable lean to the left in here and if you post in that light it’s ok. Anything opposing is not or derided. That’s just my opinion from reading silently for years. I don’t care about that as this is a weather forum not meant for politics as has been said ad nauseam, but  I wish everyone would do more worrying about who they can control (which is themselves) and not about what other people are or are not doing, which they have zero control over. A ton of posts I read in banter are targeted at what other people are or are not doing. Why is it cool for most to post about being happy to be vaccinated (to the point of bragging) and getting congrats but when loseta posts about not getting it he gets derided for it? Hypocritical much I say. Rant off, I’m gonna go back to lurking and just reading about weather now. Maybe have a beer or 5 for National Beer day. 

love the Grand National Pics loseta. I have a 2004 Mach 1, lucky the wife let me keep it after 3 kids. Nothing like good American Muscle! 

no one gave him shit for not getting it. its within his right to do so. but thanks for stopping by!

The kid's class suggested kids wear orange for opening day today, and we are dressing the kid up in blue and white for the yankees instead. we are not Os fans... let me rephrase, Mr. Map is not an O's fan, I could care less. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Eff off buddy. You only covered 1 side in your previous post . I told of the other side because I lived it and it's real .

You Really brought race into this ..really?.  You're a real class act . 

Flee? Lol 

This white flight person today is working down in west Baltimore off Ingleside Ave so......come on by ....bring a Natty bo with you though .:D

a lot of this drama wouldn't exist if you would just keep some of your thoughts to yourself. this isn't the place to complain about what you hear on the C4 show about how Baltimore is changing their tactics towards minor drug charges and usages. we've asked you to start filtering what you post, and you don't listen, or don't care. 

i'm tired of repeating myself and tired of asking you to stop. you get what you get in responses for it. but just remember that some of us have been your customers and some of the things you've shared over the last year isn't a great look. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, mappy said:

happy for you! Mr Map got his first yesterday, only thing he mentioned was injection site soreness and a little fatigue last night. hope it goes well!

My wife also has Pfizer and she had very few side effects to either shot. But I have a weaker constitution so we’ll see :oldman:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

My wife also has Pfizer and she had very few side effects to either shot. But I have a weaker constitution so we’ll see :oldman:

Our house will be the trifecta. I got my first dose of Moderna. Just a slightly soar arm will see what the second dose does. Mr J got J&J. And older Miss J is getting Pfizer tomorrow because that is all she can get. 

If you want sign up for V-safe. It is a text based system with the CDC that follows side effects. My sister is a Microbiologist and she said the data set will be invaluable. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

It was and I think that’s one of the greatest scientific achievements of the last century.  If you’re worried about the “new” aspect of the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Modena), then I’d encourage you to seek out the J&J which is based on proven vaccine technology. Same vaccine mechanism as the flu vaccine and most others. Proven safe and effective.

J&J is definitely the one I would choose if I were to get the vaccine, for the exact reason you listed. 

11 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Our house will be the trifecta. I got my first dose of Moderna. Just a slightly soar arm will see what the second dose does. Mr J got J&J. And older Miss J is getting Pfizer tomorrow because that is all she can get. 

If you want sign up for V-safe. It is a text based system with the CDC that follows side effects. My sister is a Microbiologist and she said the data set will be invaluable. 

oh good to know! thanks for sharing that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Mr Map got moderna. He's fine this AM, but probably will have the worst of it in early May when he gets his second. I'm getting J&J next week, and already anticipating being down for the count afterwards based on what I've heard from others. 

• Like 1

Just now, H2O said:

Does a person lose the desire for Miller Lite after a shot?  Thats my biggest worry.  And bacon.  I better not lose my love for bacon.  And most other foods.  Except scrapple.  

Hi @mappy

as long as you still love key lime pie. and scrapple is an acquired taste. i did not like it at first but its grown on me and now its one of my favorite meats (or meat leftovers if you will lol)

• Like 2

Just now, mappy said:

as long as you still love key lime pie. and scrapple is an acquired taste. i did not like it at first but its grown on me and now its one of my favorite meats (or meat leftovers if you will lol)

I will always love key lime pie.  I'm going to ask if the vax shot is key lime flavored.  

• Like 3

This pairs perfectly with scrapple. Only DFH lol.

Beer for Breakfast | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off Centered Stuff  For Off Centered People

A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Beer for Breakfast | Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off Centered Stuff  For Off Centered People

A stout tricked out with all sorts of breakfast ingredients including Guatemalan Antigua cold press coffee, Maple syrup harvested from Western Massachusetts and for the quintessential Delaware breakfast touch - Rapa Scrapple and their secret blend of spices. 

that sounds amazing. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

You know I have actually missed grocery shopping. I like you have been extremely cautious. Did not choose to get cancer at age 41, but being a survivor I was not going to be taken down by a virus. Dr’s appts and outdoor while masked activities has been the extent of my life since last March. April 20th I start to get my life back.

And so so super happy that I have Mr J who took on more responsibility when I had to stop. Even while working from home. He has been through so much with me over the years through my cancer diagnosis, bed rest with both of the girls just to name a few. This weekend we celebrate 22 years of being there for each other. I joked after he asked me to marry him that I would if he promised to push me in a wheelchair when I got old. Was joking but he has done just that. He got his shot on Tuesday and such a sense of relief went through me as he has been the one on the front line. We will celebrate yet another anniversary with take out at home. Did it while on bed rest. Did it as I recovered from cancer surgery. Did it last year and again this year. Does not matter where I celebrate as long as I celebrate it with Mr J. We can live it up next year if we choose. Or just be the introverts we are and stay home. 

I'm sorry you had to deal with cancer at such an early age. And here's to an early and hearty congrats to you and Mr. J -- it can become easy to let "life" get in the way of celebrating anniversaries as time goes on, but I hope y'all take the time to do so. Clearly, you landed one of the good guys. There's hardly any of us left.  ;) 

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

So anyways.  

We did a free trial for Discovery+ to watch Resurrection over Easter weekend (very good btw).  Well....I’ve gotten suckered into keeping it beyond the free trial as I cannot get enough of endless HGTV programming.  

If you’re a glutton for home improvement shows, stay away from Discovery+ :P

This is how CBS All Access -- or is it now Paramount+ -- used to rope Star Trek fans like me in, enticing with those "TRY A FREE MONTH ON US!" trials when I'd try to catch up on Star Trek: Discovery (which is awful) and ST: Picard (only slightly better than awful). Thank God I can get the previous five ST television series on either Netflix/Hulu.

Verizon Wireless previously gifted us a full FREE year of Disney+ last year, which nearly everyone seems to love (especially The Mandalorian). Over the course of that year, I watched maybe three of the animated classics from the 90s but nothing else, so I killed our account. Netflix/Hulu/Prime Video seem to check the boxes for us most of the time....we're even considering getting rid of FiOS cable now.

2 hours ago, H2O said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm vienna sausage, egg and jello mold

:clap:  (also, vomit emoji)

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CAPE said:

i don't know about pairing with scrapple but since it has Western Mass maple syrup hand picked by a Red Sox fan I'll just pour it over my pancakes.  With a side of bacon

56 minutes ago, mappy said:

The kid's class suggested kids wear orange for opening day today, and we are dressing the kid up in blue and white for the yankees instead. we are not Os fans... let me rephrase, Mr. Map is not an O's fan, I could care less. 

Tell Mr. Map to have a blessed day

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

i am actually not a beer snob and would probably enjoy a Miller LIte. i'm merely neutrally adding to our group vaccination side effect knowledge pool.

Well since i haven't seen or heard that dislike for Miller Lite is a leading side effect from the shot I'll just assume that things will be fine.  And for the record, I'm no beer snob as I'll drink just about any malt fermented beverage.  I just cannot let slander towards the fine Miller product slide.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic