Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Banter 2021

George BM

Just now, yoda said:

But that takes the fun out of things .. thanks alot ;)

Sure. But, I have asked the same from him when he doesn't agree with how some of us have handled covid in the last year. it should go both ways. If he doesn't want the shot, then so be it. more for those who do. 

• Like 2

the lols are that the dude is incapable of not bringing shit like this up every, oh, third post or so...they all do it, it's uncanny...in fact, if i hadn't seen a picture a few pages back i'd be absolutely, one hunnert percent positive this was my uncle posting

• Like 3

Its his choice.  But if I can reduce the number of things that might kill me for free I'll gladly do that.  I've almost been run over, had to work on a 80ft tall dam with a flimsy cable to attach to, ticks, black widows, angry customers, and loose dogs.  Getting a shot is a no brainer

1 hour ago, H2O said:

I'm talking about those seltzers you inhale these days.  Its basically a Fruit2O with a little bit of fizz and alcohol. 

And it was as recently as Sunday, thankyouverymuch

Woah there good sir... alcohol with fruit punch/cranberry/pink lemonade is most excellent tasting

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MacChump said:

the lols are that the dude is incapable of not bringing shit like this up every, oh, third post or so...they all do it, it's uncanny...in fact, if i hadn't seen a picture a few pages back i'd be absolutely, one hunnert percent positive this was my uncle posting

oh i know. i am very tired of repeating myself about it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

he’s desperate for validation.

i get my 2nd shot on Saturday. i have had to be extremely cautious since last February and so haven’t been anywhere except pressing medical appointments.  i can’t wait to rejoin the world in 17 days and get a haircut, do my own grocery shopping, and eat a hot meal in a restaurant.

Congrats!  Its a whole new world from a mental perspective after the shots.

I got my second shot last week and I'm about ready to actually visit my establishment other than just hanging out in the back.

• Like 4

Another thing about the vaccine, besides what @WxUSAF mentions above about protecting others (as any vaccine does).  I've heard that even those who have had COVID are being urged to still get the vaccine because it can greatly mitigate "after-effects" and improve recovery.  I've heard of plenty of cases where people recovered, but are still dealing with post-COVID issues.  Apparently, the vaccine can help that.  Not sure of the details or how much that's been studied/validated, but makes sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

i get my 2nd shot on Saturday. i have had to be extremely cautious since last February and so haven’t been anywhere except pressing medical appointments.  i can’t wait to rejoin the world in 17 days and get a haircut, do my own grocery shopping, and eat a hot meal in a restaurant.

That's great!!  Must be a great feeling to have that out of the way and a huge relief.  I think MD is accelerating their "everyone eligible" date to April 12, if I heard correctly the other day (think it used to be end of this month?).  It still may be a wait with tons of people setting appointments, but I look forward to getting that done as well.

Just now, wxtrix said:

it’s going to be so wonderful for you to be able to visit with your customers! 

Yes, seeing customers again will be wonderful!

Being tempted by free beer all the time will be a bit worrisome.  I'm hoping the good habits I formed over the last year stick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

wonderful news!

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I'm tempted to say that Miller Lite isn't exactly "beer", but don't want to insult @H2O's drapery again! :lol:

Wine in a box isn't really wine.  Its more grape juice than wine.  Kids drink grape juice out of boxes.

Speaking of JUICE.  I hope that grape juice doesn't get sprayed 12 FEET.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

Wine in a box isn't really wine.  Its more grape juice than wine.  Kids drink grape juice out of boxes.

Now THIS is some high-quality box wine right here!!...

Veuve Clicquot Gift Box - Minibar Delivery

ETA:  Goes great with BLT sandwiches, too, I might add!!  But probably not with Sphaghetti-Ohs and Wieners.

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

12 to 15 FEET

like a geyser!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

It's all in how much you twist the nut, see...

LOL twist the nut? That girl was holding in some fluids!

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

It was being held for a loooooooong time to have that kind of pressure.  Lots of seltzers do that.

hahahahahahaha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic