Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2021

George BM

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

maybe $20 if someone is just trying to get rid of a ticket but I haven't gotten tickets for less then $32 ea. at the Yard ( outfield/ upper). Anything lower level even in the far corners I paid an average of $45 ea -$60. Then you pay $30 to park and as u said all your food and beer.  Last time I took my daughters I paid $48 ea for ticket( LL but only 2 secs from the foul pole, $30 to park and about $80 for 3 beers and food/drinks/icecream . Roughly $260 that time 

Tickets around $15 for games this season, snagged two for the 12th in the upper deck behind home plate. 

• Like 2

When I worked next door to the stadium lot, it was $3 for employees parking, $5 general public; (my son worked at Boog's BBQ). So I checked the price:
https://stadiumparkingguides.com/camden-yards-parking/

Looks like $15, if this is up to date. Still very outrageous, IMO. But at least it's not $30 yet.

Heck, the $5 was considered a rip-off back then. The lot was only about 10% occupied most evening games. (This is the lot under 395.)

I no longer work in Balto, and don't miss it.

• Like 1

O’s kids cheer free program is a great deal. You can definitely park for free or cheap near the stadium if you know where to go, and the O’s allow you to bring in essentially any non-alcohol food and drink you want. It doesn’t have to be any more expensive, and can be much less, then going to a movie as a family.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

maybe $20 if someone is just trying to get rid of a ticket but I haven't gotten tickets for less then $32 ea. at the Yard ( outfield/ upper -close to plate and 1b 3b). Anything lower level even in the far corners I paid an average of $45 ea -$60. Then you pay $30 to park and as u said all your food and beer.  Last time I took my daughters I paid $48 ea for ticket( LL but only 2 secs from the foul pole sec 68 I believe), $30 to park and about $80 for 3 beers and food/drinks/icecream . Roughly $260 that time 

Hmm...you must have went to one of those prime games where the tickets are more expensive...If its a non Yankee/Red sox etc game, usually upper deck tickets are $15-20 even if you get them thru the box office at the stadium on weeknights....But yes, the concessions are ridiculous.  Im just saying compared to other things its just kind of the norm. I mean concessions at the movies, zoo, acquarium etc are ridiculous too.

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

O’s kids cheer free program is a great deal. You can definitely park for free or cheap near the stadium if you know where to go, and the O’s allow you to bring in essentially any non-alcohol food and drink you want. It doesn’t have to be any more expensive, and can be much less, then going to a movie as a family.

You can't bring in outside food/drink this season though. https://www.mlb.com/orioles/ballpark/health-safety

• Like 1

I've had a 13 game plan for most seasons since 1984. O's baseball is still a great value, especially if you bring your own food and attend classic or value games on the schedule. 

13 game plans this season start right around $200 for upper reserve between the bags. That's a great deal in 2021 professional sports. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I've had a 13 game plan for most seasons since 1984. O's baseball is still a great value, especially if you bring your own food and attend classic or value games on the schedule. 

13 game plans this season start right around $200 for upper reserve between the bags. That's a great deal in 2021 professional sports. 

Yes, agreed...and that was my point earlier...if you play it right, pick a non prime game. Maybe eat somewhere or at home before the game and just get a drink or have a beer or 2, you can go to a game 2 people probably for about $75...less obviously if you stay away from concessions completely. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mappy said:

big big thanks to @Mrs.J for all her inside information on where to look. 

Aww you are most welcome! Glad I could help. :wub:

3 hours ago, H2O said:

Thanks to the help of @mappy I have made an appointment to get my first dose on Friday.  THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!  Finally!!!!!!  YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And looks like @mappy paid it forward!

And more good news. I just scored an appt for the older Miss J on Friday afternoon at M&T Stadium with the help of a dance mom friend, she can only get Pfizer so can only do certain Mass Sites as of now. So by this weekend 3 of us will be vaccinated. Well me and her partially, Mr J got the one and done today. Just waiting on the emergency authorization for the younger Miss J. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I only go once a year since I live a good ways away now  so its usually a weekend game and I try to get decent seats / go in hungry/thirsty lol. Usually LL but not primo seats . I've sat in left field LL Homerun seats a few times and they were even roughly $28-35 . If I was living in the city I'd get a multi package and be less picky with seats . MLB has pissed alot of people off including me this past week so I doubt I go this season and definitely won't watch the Allstar game.  

I understand. I’m just trying to emphasize my point that I still think going to a baseball game is reasonable lol. And yeah, I didn’t find MLBs decision encouraging or the right move either but I just enjoy sports too much. As much as I hate mixing sports and politics, I’m still going to try to enjoy my sporting events 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

I only go once a year since I live a good ways away now  so its usually a weekend game and I try to get decent seats / go in hungry/thirsty lol. Usually LL but not primo seats . I've sat in left field LL Homerun seats a few times and they were even roughly $28-35 . If I was living in the city I'd get a multi package and be less picky with seats . MLB has pissed alot of people off including me this past week so I doubt I go this season and definitely won't watch the Allstar game.  

I was spoiled working for 25 years at the Yard. My sections for the last 20 of those seasons were normally sections 2 - 24. Fun times but I’m looking forward to being a spectator this year.

On 4/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, vastateofmind said:

Nice find, and sounds really good! Mrs. V and I hit up the Brass Tap in National Harbor yesterday afternoon -- a pub chain, but they typically have a great selection of local beers in whichever branch you visit. Food is darn good, too, as pub grubs go.

I started with the Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad (OUTSTANDING) and finished off with a Heavy Seas IPA (also good). My wife had the DC Brau On The Wings of Armageddon and a Brew Dog Hazy Jane, also both excellent. She suggested that we take an Uber to NH's Brass Tap next time to "properly sample" several additional beers....I think she's onto something.  ;) 

Here's NH's Brass Tap draught menu for those interested -- Brass Tap National Harbor Beer Menu | DRAUGHT (brasstapbeerbar.com)

Picked up some Boulevard Imperial Cask Cuvee limited release today. Cant wait to try it- should be complex and delicious. Not to mention almost 14% abv. :D

I will try and save it for the weekend, but I doubt I will be successful lol.

Might head to Milton to pick up some WWS this weekend. They have the original and bourbon barrel aged at the shop there. @nw baltimore wx picked up a few when he was there I think

• Like 1

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I love the lower level left field seats. Just ordered 4 tickets for a game against Seattle next week. Go O's!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Well speaking of the Os, looks like they’re back down to Earth after their nice little start lol. But will still probably go to a game next week just because I can. 

On their way to about 100 loses. Most likely.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol yeah. I’ll say they get to around 70 wins though so that’ll be around 90 losses lol

70 wins would be great in my opinion.  

I just don't know how they compete in this division .

I know the plan is still development this year and probably next but at some point you need to start actually trying to compete.

The Buck years were a perfect storm of the Yankees and Redsox underachieving some years and the O's overachieiving because of Showalter's baseball brilliance. 

Showalter gave the O's a dose of confidence they didn't have before he arrived to compete against the big boys in the AL east.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Got shot 1 yesterday and was surprised by how much it put me down for about 12-16 hours. All good now. 

Had mild to mod flue symptoms for 36 hours. Wife had nothing. I was surprised because I never get sick. Number 2 in a few weeks

• Like 2

8 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Very nice run you had with those seats . Dude u get a % off tickets ? Remember the " Obstructed view " seats at Memorial Stadium.  My dad for some reason ( probably because they were  the cheapest lol) got us those seats often.  I'd run up and down the walkways and isles  spilling soda on people trying to see the batter . 

No discount on the seats but 25% off in the team store on site.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Aww you are most welcome! Glad I could help. :wub:

And looks like @mappy paid it forward!

And more good news. I just scored an appt for the older Miss J on Friday afternoon at M&T Stadium with the help of a dance mom friend, she can only get Pfizer so can only do certain Mass Sites as of now. So by this weekend 3 of us will be vaccinated. Well me and her partially, Mr J got the one and done today. Just waiting on the emergency authorization for the younger Miss J. 

that's great!! :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Had mild to mod flue symptoms for 36 hours. Wife had nothing. I was surprised because I never get sick. Number 2 in a few weeks

Was that Moderna?  I got my 1st Moderna last month - no symptoms beyond a typical sore arm but then a week later developed “COVID arm” - rash, itchy, swollen that lasted 24 hours.  I get my 2nd Moderna tomorrow and I’ve heard the side effects of that are a doozy....knocked out for 1-2 days basically.

10 hours ago, Chris78 said:

70 wins would be great in my opinion.  

I just don't know how they compete in this division .

I know the plan is still development this year and probably next but at some point you need to start actually trying to compete.

The Buck years were a perfect storm of the Yankees and Redsox underachieving some years and the O's overachieiving because of Showalter's baseball brilliance. 

Showalter gave the O's a dose of confidence they didn't have before he arrived to compete against the big boys in the AL east.

I hear ya but maybe the AL East isnt quite a strong right now as some years past...Boston looks like a .500 team at best. Probably less. NY and Tampa are good but I dont feel like neither are more than 90-95 win teams and i think Toronto while talented is still too young and lacks the pitching.  So there is a window for the Os to be "better"..and hopefully our young talent will be competitive in the next year or 2

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

I hear ya but maybe the AL East isnt quite a strong right now as some years past...Boston looks like a .500 team at best. Probably less. NY and Tampa are good but I dont feel like neither are more than 90-95 win teams and i think Toronto while talented is still too young and lacks the pitching.  So there is a window for the Os to be "better"..and hopefully our young talent will be competitive in the next year or 2

I agree with you about the AL East - I'm just not convinced that the Birds don't take a (small) step back this year. I really miss Alberto in the lineup, and I'm curious to see if Santander can put up similar numbers this year. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic