Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Banter 2021

George BM

7 hours ago, nj2va said:

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Now that's entertaining. Too bad it's not Buick Grand Nationals :popcorn:

495 probably not the best local lol

This guy spent a couple of days in jail for this stunt on the Bay Bridge last fall.

26 minutes ago, mappy said:

the state changed their mass vax sites to where you can't make appointments anymore online, you have to pre register and wait to be contacted. ive been preregistered for weeks, and nothing from the state on an appointment. so either i keep waiting, or try to find one at pharmacy. dumb. 

Find one at a pharmacy. I’d you’re willing to drive a bit, you’ll get one. Or drive to Salisbury for the walk ins at the mass vaccine site...

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Find one at a pharmacy. I’d you’re willing to drive a bit, you’ll get one. Or drive to Salisbury for the walk ins at the mass vaccine site...

yeah I'm going to start calling pharmacys today. Driving to KSBY would be a pain, but apparently they have a lot of unused doses. So many down there don't want to get one. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

yeah I'm going to start calling pharmacys today. Driving to KSBY would be a pain, but apparently they have a lot of unused doses. So many down there don't want to get one. 

I was just looking around for me.  Try Safeway, there are some scattered appointments at their locations.  Saw a couple at Edgewater Safeway later this month.

18 minutes ago, mappy said:

CVS at Rockville!  Go now!  I just got mine for this week!

12 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I was just looking around for me.  Try Safeway, there are some scattered appointments at their locations.  Saw a couple at Edgewater Safeway later this month.

The lengths that folks in other areas have had to go to in order to get signed up for a shot is pretty crazy compared to Fairfax County. After some early hiccups, everything is really coordinated since the county has taken the lead on its own. Simply sign up online and wait until you’re contacted. In the meantime, you can review the status of the backlog on their dashboard to get a good feel for when your number is called.

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Doing a burnout is one of the greatest natural highs there is . It's a gear head thing you wouldn't understand :bike:

And I've never meant anybody who was worried about losing tire life lol.

You want to pollute and blow through tires?  IDGAF  Just go do it in a parking lot, not the beltway.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

The lengths that folks in other areas have had to go to in order to get signed up for a shot is pretty crazy compared to Fairfax County. After some early hiccups, everything is really coordinated since the county has taken the lead on its own. Simply sign up online and wait until you’re contacted. In the meantime, you can review the status of the backlog on their dashboard to get a good feel for when your number is called.

Fairfax hasn’t opened up group 2 though. 

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Fairfax hasn’t opened up group B though. 

Yea my friend over in Loudoun said they are just opening 1C there. Granted their tearing is different so there is that. Mr. J got a call last night from MD Dept of Health and got an appt. at the Hagerstown location this morning. He had a 9 am appt and is on his way home. Now just need to be on the hunt for Pfizer as that is the only one the older Miss J can get. She is pre-registered but as we only have one option for a shot I am going to have to go vaccine hunting next week unless she gets a call. Good luck to all out there. 

I kind of feel bad reading everyone's posts in here struggling to get/find a place for the vaccine... I got both of mine back in late Jan/February in Fairfax County.  I guess I am very lucky that I work at a private school as an office admin (that's my first and main job, I also work at Amazon for my 2nd job in the evening into the overnight Sat-Wed, therefore fell under Group 1A I think it was) and was able to get a appointment early on.

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

I'll give the county credit for working with what they have been given as far as weekly doses.  I would go into more detail but some of the rollout hasn't been 100% flawless.  How they classified some people into the groups and who has been able to game the system has held some stuff up for people waiting as they have been told to.  And now the state jumps from 1b to group 2 almost immediately.  I've been 1c and they only let my group sign up as of yesterday.  The wait has been frustrating given my employment.  

Most if the appointments available in Virginia via the grocery/drug stores are in the south. Especially Southwest.  I was fine to wait my turn. But we never got the supply we needed in NoVA to cover the number of people who wanted the vaccine. My family in Southern Jersey and Philly have all been vaccinated.  And I mean everyone.  Granted I have two doctors and two nurses in the fam who had early priority, but the rest were not in any particular category.  Very frustrating we are still scrambling here.  

Someone set up a website to scrape pharmacy websites for appointments in (more or less) real time.  It also has a nice map showing availability across the state:

COVID-19 Vaccine Spotter

Some of the pharmacies work better with it than others (it is very good for Walmart and Walgreens, less so for Safeway), but it can point you in the right direction (which in this case is the Eastern Shore).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thanks to the help of @mappy I have made an appointment to get my first dose on Friday.  THIS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!  Finally!!!!!!  YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy for you!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Also, follow MDVaxAlerts and VAVaxAlerts on twitter, they posts all the available appointments as they are open

Yeah I have a scheduled appt for the J&J on Thursday at the Jacksonville MD Shop Rite.  They just started to administer the vaccine today.  I thought I give them a few days to get it right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Yeah I have a scheduled appt for the J&J on Thursday at the Jacksonville MD Shop Rite.  They just started to administer the vaccine today.  I thought I give them a few days to get it right. 

Nice! 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic