Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Banter 2021

George BM

42 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yes but I need to try to get down around the DC/northern VA area and hit some of those spots. I hear good things. But yeah there’s ample amount of breweries to choose from between Columbia and the PA line and then on the eastern shore. I’m actually in the parking lot at hysteria brewing in Columbia waiting for them to open. They are dropping their dunkaroos stout collab with Fourscore today 

THAT sounds like an outstanding collab stout....I love when the breweries start sharing the talent with each other, great things often happen. Pour pics later!!  :D 

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

I'm into an Oak aged Vanilla WWS on a Saturday afternoon. Danger cap ignored.

This is good stuff- very complex sipper.

I still like the original WWS better. Probably a handful of super big imperial stouts that are as good imo.

Funny. I’m drinking WWS in Milton. Chilly outside so I needed a warmer, especially after my cold bike ride.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

THAT sounds like an outstanding collab stout....I love when the breweries start sharing the talent with each other, great things often happen. Pour pics later!!  :D 

Yeah so, fourscore made a vanilla cookie stout and hysteria made a sprinkle cream stout. The idea is to blend the two. It was good. But let’s be honest it’s extremely hard to get the exact taste of something in a beer lol. I found that four scores vanilla cookie one was better on its own than the sprinkle cream from hysteria which is not surprising because fourscore is superior in brewing stout type beers. 

9CCC3361-E221-483D-A014-54569BBDDC53.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah. This place is all growed up!

Dude, ask them what the deal is with the WWS. When are they brewing the next batch? Is it available for purchase anywhere? I cannot find anything other than the Oak aged version, and even that is hard to find.

19 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah so, fourscore made a vanilla cookie stout and hysteria made a sprinkle cream stout. The idea is to blend the two. It was good. But let’s be honest it’s extremely hard to get the exact taste of something in a beer lol. I found that four scores vanilla cookie one was better on its own than the sprinkle cream from hysteria which is not surprising because fourscore is superior in brewing stout type beers. 

Yeah, I feel you, man. I posted a pic of Smartmouth's "Saturday Morning" much-hyped Lucky Charms/marshmallow IPA a few weeks back, finally tracking it down a YEAR after its debut. To your point -- the exact marshmallow taste just wasn't there, but it honestly was just a good, general IPA.  :)  At the end of the day, this Dunka looks like a tasty stout....glad you got to try it!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Funny. I’m drinking WWS in Milton. Chilly outside so I needed a warmer, especially after my cold bike ride.

37 minutes ago, CAPE said:

That will do it lol.

You drinking the original at the tasting room? If so, I am jelly!

Well known liquor amateur here. Some alcoholic beverages can make you feel warmer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, George BM said:

Well known liquor amateur here. Some alcoholic beverages can make you feel warmer?

Those beverages with high abv will "warm" ya. It is a "false" effect, as you are actually losing body heat- the alcohol causes dilation of blood vessels.

Pour some bourbon in a shot glass and sip it. Then take another sip. Feel the warmth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Dude, ask them what the deal is with the WWS. When are they brewing the next batch? Is it available for purchase anywhere? I cannot find anything other than the Oak aged version, and even that is hard to find.

I didn’t see this until after we left the brewery. They have bottles of the WWS at the brewery for $9 each. No discount on 4 packs.:fulltilt:

We picked up a single of several varieties.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I didn’t see this until after we left the brewery. They have bottles of the WWS at the brewery for $9 each. No discount on 4 packs.:fulltilt:

We picked up a single of several varieties.

Looks like I will be taking a short trip in that direction.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

And probably not a whole lot better than that, but then again...why not? 

Yeah. My expectation is about 65-70 wins. But who knows. Maybe they can surprise a little and get to 75. Anything beyond that would be a complete shock 

Thought of a number of you IPA/stout-loving denizens here when Mrs. V brought this home from Wegmans a short while ago -- Founders' (from Michigan) KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge imperial stout. VERY flavorful, borderline a dessert beer, and at 11.x ABV, perhaps the last one you should have for the night...but then again, maybe not.  ;) 

PXL_20210403_212225834.PORTRAITa.thumb.jpg.ab32655eba1c246656324aa25b4617d1.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, vastateofmind said:

Thought of a number of you IPA/stout-loving denizens here when Mrs. V brought this home from Wegmans a short while ago -- Founders' (from Michigan) KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge imperial stout. VERY flavorful, borderline a dessert beer, and at 11.x ABV, perhaps the last one you should have for the night...but then again, maybe not.  ;) 

PXL_20210403_212225834.PORTRAITa.thumb.jpg.ab32655eba1c246656324aa25b4617d1.jpg

That's good stuff.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol I hear ya. But I do think they have enough offense to get to around 70. But beyond that, the pitching would have to really surprise. So far, 2 games so good tho lol

Boston might lose more games than the os this year. Maybe

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic