Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2021

George BM

2 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

54 right now in OC...still having a good time but far from ideal lol

April at the beach...not gonna be quite the same experience as say June lol. I like the beach anytime of year, and tbh, I go to Rehoboth more in the offseason and enjoy it more. I am not a sun worshipper who likes to sit on the beach though. I go to Cape Henlopen in Lewes and hike and walk out onto the beach where Dunes are. Way more fun and can do it in Fall and winter and its even better imo.

2 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I warned my wife about the potential weather when we booked a place at Deep Creek in April.  Sure enough, the day we arrive next week looks like temps in the 30s and wind chills in the 10s/20s.

Spring by far is the worst season out there. But it’ll still be nice to get away. Have a great trip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paleocene said:

I think this has been one of the best april's in my memory for the inner burbs. Not hot, not too wet, decent amount of sun. 10/10

No kidding it has been great!  Now up to 15 straight days of 60-plus for highs at DCA, and 26 out of the last 29 going back into March.  Best spring I can remember in a long time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, r3w said:

Maybe a bit of storm potential with the cold front passing thru Wednesday late afternoon/evening? Looks like at least some wind advisories.

check out the severe thread.    The front is probably going through in the early afternoon, and there is some severe potential (mitigated somewhat by limited instability), but some guidance has the frontal passage in the late morning which would really limit the threat.    Regardless, as you note, regardless of the timing of the front, the winds are going to howl behind it.

• Like 1

Beautiful day today...gotta enjoy it today cuz the next couple maybe not so much...Tomorrow morning should be nice but verbatim the 3K NAM has those showers/storms whipping thru right around 1PM with a temp drop from 68 to 45 in 1 hour lol. Will likely get breezy too and Thursday should be pretty darn cool

2 hours ago, mappy said:

if we could get rid of the cool breeze, it wouldn't have been too bad the last few days. but man, sitting out at the baseball field for rec games for the kiddo has been chilly, both Saturday and last evening. 

Yep...back home now but down OC Saturday was very chilly, couldnt really sit outside and do too much comfortably. Sunday was better though, could actually sit outside and enjoy a beer and lunch away from the water. 

6 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Beautiful day today...gotta enjoy it today cuz the next couple maybe not so much...Tomorrow morning should be nice but verbatim the 3K NAM has those showers/storms whipping thru right around 1PM with a temp drop from 68 to 45 in 1 hour lol. Will likely get breezy too and Thursday should be pretty darn cool

Son has a game at 8pm. So tired of the frozen toes. Def been some chilly nights 

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m camping at Big Meadows tonight and the wind is already really gusty. Should be ripping hood from the south in the morning pre cold front. We are hoping to get a hike in before the front, But it may be a brewery and distillery day.

The howling wind will make it hard to hear the bears, bobcats, and timber rattler outside your tent. That sucks. 

:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Gonnacover plants.  Is this our new winter In spring like last year. Snow close like May10 or 9 last year?

2 months back to back below average usually happen but just gotta get it to cycle right for Jan and Feb, so once every 5 years which is kinda  how DC has worked around me since 1976.Big snow and/or big cold every 4/5 years 

3/4 are cold more than snow and the real monsters  like 79,83,93,,96,03,09,10 works out to more like 1 in 7 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic