Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2021

George BM

On 4/13/2021 at 2:36 PM, FXW176 said:

@mappy @WxUSAF @BlizzardNole  @toolsheds

Can any of y’all (and others I may have missed) kindly recommend a good hummingbird feeder? And your nectar ratio? Wanna try to add more pretty flying things around mi casa. Thanks!

C'mon over to the lawn/garden thread.

Cool and wet at 55.  Broke the string of 60s-plus

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Im just a little disappointed in the forecast this weekend...Im not sure NWS has it right with 60s and sun....It doesnt look awful in terms of rain but it seems like guidance wants to keep things a bit cooler...more like mid 50s...I was hoping for a run at 70 since Im going down to OC

Understand, that part makes sense.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

No complaints here. Only 0.2" of rain, and it fell from late afternoon through midnight. Today looks like it will dry out with some sun later. Tomorrow and the weekend look glorious, with only a slight chance of a shower late Sat night/early Sunday.

Eh...Im glad its not going to be super rainy or anything but based on guidance I still think the NWS is overshooting highs for tomorrow and the weekend. Hopefully they are wrong but GFS and NAM 3k only have temps around 50F at 2PM tomorrow north of DC...and saturday only in the low to mid 50s....I need at least mid 60s this time of year on fridays/weekends lol. Could be a bit breezy to boot especially tomorrow

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

Eh...Im glad its not going to be super rainy or anything but based on guidance I still think the NWS is overshooting highs for tomorrow and the weekend. Hopefully they are wrong but GFS and NAM 3k only have temps around 50F at 2PM tomorrow north of DC...and saturday only in the low to mid 50s....I need at least mid 60s this time of year on fridays/weekends lol. Could be a bit breezy to boot especially tomorrow

59, 62, 64 are the forecast highs here the next 3 days, with not much chance of rain and at least partly sunny each day. In mid April, pretty much perfect for me. I wouldn't care if I don't see a another 70 degree temp until May.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

59, 62, 64 are the forecast highs here the next 3 days, with not much chance of rain and at least partly sunny each day. In mid April, pretty much perfect for me. I wouldn't care if I don't see a another 70 degree temp until May.

I guess I’m not buying those highs...at least from the guidance I see. Maybe it verifies higher. But tomorrow in particular looks like mid 50s at best with a stiff breeze probably making it feel even chillier. I can’t call that gorgeous but that’s just me 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I guess I’m not buying those highs...at least from the guidance I see. Maybe it verifies higher. But tomorrow in particular looks like mid 50s at best with a stiff breeze probably making it feel even chillier. I can’t call that gorgeous but that’s just me 

I don't know if it goes here, or in banter, or where, but....I'd sure love to see some pics of the beach, even if it is grey, 50 degrees out, with a stiff, drizzle-driven wind. Just sayin'.  :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baltimorewx said:

Mostly sunny and upper 50s. A stiff breeze. Cant wait!

Meanwhile you can fantasize about upper 80s and humid. Just a few short weeks away. Maybe sooner.:yikes:

28 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Mostly sunny and upper 50s. A stiff breeze. Cant wait!

Meanwhile you can fantasize about upper 80s and humid. Just a few short weeks away. Maybe sooner.:yikes:

Lol I’m not fantasizing about 80s and humid. I don’t want that. But I would like at least mid 60s to near 70 so I can at least sit comfortably outside by the water in a t shirt and have lunch and a cocktail lol. Doesn’t seem like it will be very comfortable to me for that Friday or Saturday. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Let’s wager on that

Yeah, we know its inevitable but I dont see any evidence of a crazy above normal weather pattern as we head into May...As I said in early April, April kinda looks blah. I know its technically been above normal but I think that will be coming to an end over the next week or 2.

23 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah, we know its inevitable but I dont see any evidence of a crazy above normal weather pattern as we head into May...As I said in early April, April kinda looks blah. I know its technically been above normal but I think that will be coming to an end over the next week or 2.

12z GFS is pretty chilly through D10 except for maybe 1-2 days. Probably a frost or two verbatim for the suburbs as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

This seems pretty typical to me. Seems we never get good weather consistently in April and May. June can be nice, July and August suck. Just life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nj2va said:

This weather sucks. It’s depressing and I’d much prefer sunny and 70. As others have said, outlook doesn’t look great either. 

Yeah, I understand people dont want the 80 degree and humid stuff yet...but give me as close to 70 as we can get with plenty of sun and lack of wind...To me theres not enough of those days around here despite what some say or think

• Like 3

There seem to be some differing opinions about April weather lol. Seems pretty typical to me, and I like it.

Maybe the weather here is much different today, but I will take upper 50s, partly to mostly sunny, and some stiff breezes in mid April. No bugs!

Looks like low to mid 60s from tomorrow through next week, and maybe a 70 or two. Fairly dry too.

12 minutes ago, CAPE said:

There seem to be some differing opinions about April weather lol. Seems pretty typical to me, and I like it.

Maybe the weather here is much different today, but I will take upper 50s, partly to mostly sunny, and some stiff breezes in mid April. No bugs!

Looks like low to mid 60s from tomorrow through next week, and maybe a 70 or two. Fairly dry too.

I agree that its typical...obviosuly we know the swings in weather that Arpil and even early May to some degree can bring. Im just saying, gorgeous or ideal weather to me from April into May is around 70 with plenty of sun and not a lot of wind lol. 

Just now, Baltimorewx said:

I agree that its typical...obviosuly we know the swings in weather that Arpil and even early May to some degree can bring. Im just saying, gorgeous or ideal weather to me from April into May is around 70 with plenty of sun and not a lot of wind lol. 

If you lived here you would love the wind this time of year. If it were calm I would have wasps all over trying to make nests and those little flies that try to drink your eye juice. Plus I have been out in the sun most of the day doing work and no sweat. Given what's to come for months, I cherish days like this.

• Like 1

I see lots of mid 60s-low 70s in my forecast over the next week. That is pretty "normal" for mid to late April. Thursday looks a bit cooler with high around 60.

For those looking at the LR GFS and saying it looks 'cold', remember- this is the MA and it is Spring and it is always a good bet to take the over on advertised high temps. Plus, it is the GFS.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

I see lots of mid 60s-low 70s in my forecast over the next week. That is pretty "normal" for mid to late April. Thursday looks a bit cooler with high around 60.

For those looking at the LR GFS and saying it looks 'cold', remember- this is the MA and it is Spring and it is always a good bet to take the over on advertised high temps. Plus, it is the GFS.

54 right now in OC...still having a good time but far from ideal lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic