• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Discobs 2021

George BM

Another nice spring day on tap.  Just saw DCA has been 60 or above 20 out of the last 22 days with 10 days above 70.  GREAT spring so far, and looking at a long string of highs in the 60s coming up.  I even saw a hummingbird at the feeder this morning, which is about 10-15 days early compared to past years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Another nice spring day on tap.  Just saw DCA has been 60 or above 20 out of the last 22 days with 10 days above 70.  GREAT spring so far, and looking at a long string of highs in the 60s coming up.  I even saw a hummingbird at the feeder this morning, which is about 10-15 days early compared to past years.

FWIW, the GFS is showing that we don't get above 60 throughout the DC metro area on 5 of the next 6 days, but it could very well be overdoing clouds, and it will be way too cold with its temps if we end up with more sunshine.

35 minutes ago, high risk said:

FWIW, the GFS is showing that we don't get above 60 throughout the DC metro area on 5 of the next 6 days, but it could very well be overdoing clouds, and it will be way too cold with its temps if we end up with more sunshine.

Keeping my fingers crossed....we've been busting high on temps as a rule, at least in my local area, for the past two weeks.

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

I know it's difficult, given the flight patterns of these little buggers....but if anybody snaps some pics of them, I'd love to see.

i put some out last week as well.  I'm also trying Oriole feeders this year and just put them out today. 

• Like 1

Just got some hail at the house though of course the one time it hails I was out with my family on a drive. On the car ride though it went from nothing to hail but only 10 seconds of hail at most then at the house which was 2 minutes away there was piles of it, the most I've seen and I missed it. :(

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, nj2va said:

What happened to the sun and warmth?  

It's not awful, but it's overall not going to be a particularly nice stretch of weather ahead, with lots of clouds and below average temps.     Not to bash LWX too much, but their forecasts haven't really conveyed this very well in their products.....

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, high risk said:

It's not awful, but it's overall not going to be a particularly nice stretch of weather ahead, with lots of clouds and below average temps.     Not to bash LWX too much, but their forecasts haven't really conveyed this very well in their products.....

Yep...I took off this weekend a couple weeks ago in the hopes that it would be a nice, warm stretch of weather to hit the beach but nope I could tell about a week ago the chances of a nice weekend this coming weekend was gonna be slim. Like you said not awful but likely will be in the 50s down the ocean with a breeze, clouds and light shower chances. Oh well

On 4/12/2021 at 10:42 AM, BlizzardNole said:

Thanks for the heads up. Going to make some nectar tomorrow and put my feeders out.

• Like 2

Cloudy and 52 here currently at 11:30. Might have a 'below' day, but doubt it. Except for the first 3 days of the month, we've been running above to much above area wide. Surprised at some of the 'cool' comments as we are running 2.5 - 4.0 degrees above normal for the month area wide! Easy people, it'll be 207ish soon enough.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Cloudy and 52 here currently at 11:30. Might have a 'below' day, but doubt it. Except for the first 3 days of the month, we've been running above to much above area wide. Surprised at some of the 'cool' comments as we are running 2.5 - 4.0 degrees above normal for the month area wide! Easy people, it'll be 207ish soon enough.

Im just a little disappointed in the forecast this weekend...Im not sure NWS has it right with 60s and sun....It doesnt look awful in terms of rain but it seems like guidance wants to keep things a bit cooler...more like mid 50s...I was hoping for a run at 70 since Im going down to OC

19 hours ago, CAPE said:

62 and partly sunny. Perfect outside other than the gross smelling fresh cow flop based fertilizer on the fields out in front of my property. #ruralliving

And suddenly, my minor whining about the screech of annual cicadas in mid-late summer pales in comparison to this.  :D  I have a number of college friends who still live up in the Lancaster County, PA area...I've been up there at, or near, to the time of fertilizer spreading, and the stench damn near makes your eyes water sometimes!

Currently 63 with light rain. Started out the day in shorts but swapping for jeans right now.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic