• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2021

George BM

Well, all it takes is a little work on your part to break a dry spell. I planted grass seed this afternoon, then had not one, not two, but THREE severe thunderstorm warnings here between 7:30 and 10:30. Well over an inch, likely closer to two inches of rain and some pea sized hail. Luckily I heavily strawed the area, still lost two corners that were washed out...

Getting a light shower, but that line is dying as it moves east. High pressure nosing down from the NE looks to keep it pretty dry here. Looks like tomorrow will be decent- mostly dry, although cloudy for much of the day. Further west there will be better chances of showers. By Sat night into Sunday the warm front will make progress eastward, with increased chances for showers.

gfs_mslpa_us_3.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Pouring rains for over an hour. 

Can confirm -- weirdly (for me), I woke up for the day at 5 a.m. and fired up the work lappy. Three bursts of heavy rain rolled through between 5:30-6:15 a.m. Currently 52.

23 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Getting a light shower, but that line is dying as it moves east. High pressure nosing down from the NE looks to keep it pretty dry here. Looks like tomorrow will be decent- mostly dry, although cloudy for much of the day. Further west there will be better chances of showers. By Sat night into Sunday the warm front will make progress eastward, with increased chances for showers.

Listened to the wx radio during my mini-bout of insomnia in the 5 a.m. hour and, to your point made yesterday, they're starting to talk up the chance of stronger to possibly severe storms on Sunday afternoon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Can confirm -- weirdly (for me), I woke up for the day at 5 a.m. and fired up the work lappy. Three bursts of heavy rain rolled through between 5:30-6:15 a.m. Currently 52.

Listened to the wx radio during my mini-bout of insomnia in the 5 a.m. hour and, to your point made yesterday, they're starting to talk up the chance of stronger to possibly severe storms on Sunday afternoon.

There are some parameters in place, but as of now it looks like any severe would be pretty isolated and south of our region. Some garden variety storms look like a decent bet though.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Rain woke me up around 4.  Thats when it started coming down heavy at times.  Smacking the windows type stuff.  You know you are a wx weenie when you reach for the ipad from bed just to look at radarscope and see why its pouring.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

57 with some sun breaks here. Breezy and cool. Dry day after a few sprinkles this morning. Overall I would take another week or 2 of weather like this vs days and days of 70s and humid. Save that for May.

We'll be LUCKY if it is only that warm in May, more likely high 80's and humid.

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

57 with some sun breaks here. Breezy and cool. Dry day after a few sprinkles this morning. Overall I would take another week or 2 of weather like this vs days and days of 70s and humid. Save that for May.

I generally agree...but give me 65-70 with low humidity so that I can at least sit outside at the tiki bar comfortably!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Yes, but most critically -- did the grass dry out enough to finish your mowing??

I'm half-kidding -- I have about a third of my own mowing for the week that I didn't get to on Wednesday, and which still needs finishing. Rain and thunder are semi-threatening nearby...plus, there are IPAs that require opening between now and bedtime, so....  :D 

5 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Yes, but most critically -- did the grass dry out enough to finish your mowing??

I'm half-kidding -- I have about a third of my own mowing for the week that I didn't get to on Wednesday, and which still needs finishing. Rain and thunder are semi-threatening nearby...plus, there are IPAs that require opening between now and bedtime, so....  :D 

It did, but I couldn't be bothered lol. Other than the "featured" area, which I mowed yesterday, the rest is a combo of various weeds and moss among the trees lol. It can wait.

• Haha 2

52 here with clouds/fog/mist.

Should be a dry and mostly cloudy day, with maybe some sun breaks later, and quite a bit warmer than yesterday's high of 57.

So far the High pressure to the NE has kept any significant rain mostly west of here. Looks like that will start to change late tonight.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic