Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Guidance can’t seem to decide if we’re getting less than 0.5” of rain through Sunday or more like 1.5-2”. Keeps bouncing back and forth. Seems like the drier solutions are becoming more common though as we get closer.

Hopefully any significant rain- if there is any- holds off until later Sunday into Monday. A mostly dry weekend would be very nice.

• Like 3

Mrs. V called me on her way home from work short while ago telling me how ominous the skies look. Sure enough, the sky to the west does have that telltale "Yep, storms incoming" look that we typically get in these parts, usually starting in a few weeks....but there's ZERO activity on radar, in the entire metro region. Very weird...

PXL_20210407_211048492a.thumb.jpg.c9d83bdacf1f27ba975f055eea69fc61.jpg

PXL_20210407_211459710a.thumb.jpg.e4a794d8afae62820b470bb81e4b9834.jpg

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Mrs. V called me on her way home from work short while ago telling me how ominous the skies look. Sure enough, the sky to the west does have that telltale "Yep, storms incoming" look that we typically get in these parts, usually starting in a few weeks....but there's ZERO activity on radar, in the entire metro region. Very weird...

PXL_20210407_211048492a.thumb.jpg.c9d83bdacf1f27ba975f055eea69fc61.jpg

PXL_20210407_211459710a.thumb.jpg.e4a794d8afae62820b470bb81e4b9834.jpg

I see someone in the 2nd photo may be longing for outside...

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

I see someone in the 2nd photo may be longing for outside...

LOL, I had to do a quadruple-take to fully understand your meaning.  :D  And yes -- at this point, Kona was really put out with me because A) I kept her inside while I mowed an hour before this, and B) then forgot to let her out while I snapped these pics. #BadDogDad

BTW, we finally did get several rounds of heavy sprinkles over the past hour....so those clouds weren't necessarily lying. Not heavy enough to show up on radar, though.

• Like 1

Got around 71 here in SOMD. Enjoyed driving around getting errands done with the windows down & a cold cup of iced tea. I just hope our storm season gets cooking soon. I get a bit impatient lol...especially when storms become active down South...kinda looks pretty boring for us for a while though, but ya never know when something can pop up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Looks like another nice day before the easterly flow gets going in earnest, bringing clouds and drizzle, and maybe some actual showers by late Saturday. Perhaps some thunder on Sunday with the cold front approaching. Sneaky low end severe potential?

Currently 53 with a few low clouds rolling through. Forecast definitely backed off from the Thu-Mon idea of showers/drizzle to mainly late tonight through Sunday evening. Despite occasionally waving my "I LOVE ONSHORE FLOW" freak flag, to @mappy's point...we could use some precip to knock back the tree pollen explosion. Like her, my seasonal allergies are spiking big-time this week.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Currently 53 with a few low clouds rolling through. Forecast definitely backed off from the Thu-Mon idea of showers/drizzle to mainly late tonight through Sunday evening. Despite occasionally waving my "I LOVE ONSHORE FLOW" freak flag, to @mappy's point...we could use some precip to knock back the tree pollen explosion. Like her, my seasonal allergies are spiking big-time this week.

I have more accumulation of pollen than snow from winter

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic