• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021 Atlantic Hurricane season

2 minutes ago, MoistWx said:

Yeah... can someone else take one for the team on this one? I can throw in some boudin and crawfish to sweeten the deal lol. Pretty sure the city just came by recently to do their "last" round of debris pickup for Laura/Delta.

Trends don't look good at all for parts of the gulf. Steaming bath water there.

1 hour ago, MoistWx said:

Yeah... can someone else take one for the team on this one? I can throw in some boudin and crawfish to sweeten the deal lol. Pretty sure the city just came by recently to do their "last" round of debris pickup for Laura/Delta.

Of course this is just a model run, but my goodness...to hit that same area again would just be cruel. Like why that particular spot?? I mean it's like there's a giant hurricane magnet at Port Charles, smh

1 hour ago, ldub23 said:

Looks  like the real season is about to begin.

Wait, I thought you said earlier in this thread that the season was a bust and September was going to be nothing-ville?  You also said Grace was gonna fall apart.  

Anyways, after 99L impacts the Gulf Coast, we will turn our attention to the MDR.  GFS finally got on board along with CMC and Euro for a strong developing system.  GFS has it approaching the Bahamas at the end of the run.gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_fh384-384.thumb.gif.a9ae47fe941f190b4791cafd6e6e8399.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cptcatz said:

Wait, I thought you said earlier in this thread that the season was a bust and September was going to be nothing-ville?  You also said Grace was gonna fall apart.  

Anyways, after 99L impacts the Gulf Coast, we will turn our attention to the MDR.  GFS finally got on board along with CMC and Euro for a strong developing system.  GFS has it approaching the Bahamas at the end of the run.gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_fh384-384.thumb.gif.a9ae47fe941f190b4791cafd6e6e8399.gif

Strong cold front  plus a tropical storm equals fun if it phases.

A vigorous tropical wave/disturbance is pushing into Florida right now. Winds sustained near 20-30 mph and tropical storm force gusts here in SE FL.
It's only just getting started, main impacts look to hit tonight. 
GOES16-CAR-GEOCOLOR-1000x1000.gif
The system you are referring to is actually the pv/upper level low retrograding into the GOM this week. This is the system partly responsible for aiding in lift/instability and divergent flow aloft for invest 99L to the south in the Caribbean, and potentially influencing its track into the GOM this weekend. You'll get some gusty thunderstorms, no doubt. Upper cold cores make for some strong lapse rates and convection over Florida this time of year. But any potential for a tropical disturbance developing underneath that feature is negligible.7996bcbb0067e8768d8f8832d04f7aed.gif
  • Like 3

On 8/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, Eskimo Joe said:

Any of the mets in here think the Mid Atlantic has a chance for action, or are we done for the year?

This  is an interesting  look. The negative  NAO looks to be breaking  down and i think thats the remains  of Ida off the  southeast  coast.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/ecmwf-oper/2021082800/slp8.png

17 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

This  is an interesting  look. The negative  NAO looks to be breaking  down and i think thats the remains  of Ida off the  southeast  coast.

http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/ecmwf-oper/2021082800/slp8.png

Beautiful combo. We fail on an I storm and it breaks down the NAO just in time for us to transition into autumn.

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Beautiful combo. We fail on an I storm and it breaks down the NAO just in time for us to transition into autumn.

Who knows. If the Nao goes  positive and  Ida  gets trapped  off the  southeast  coast then it  could regenerate and  head  north. Also, that cane  on the Euro might  move a  bit  more west.

3 hours ago, ldub23 said:

Who knows. If the Nao goes  positive and  Ida  gets trapped  off the  southeast  coast then it  could regenerate and  head  north. Also, that cane  on the Euro might  move a  bit  more west.

The northeast is going to get the remains