Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

19 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Temp forecast is tricky around here tomorrow but there's a real possibility (maybe even more likely than not) that the afternoon high ends up being in the 40s.  That would be quite the whiplash.

That would truly suck after the past few days of summer weather.

MLI ended up with 87, a new record.  Hit 86 here.

Meanwhile up here I don't think it ever went above 50. Just a cold, windy , gray day. Really disappointing considering the forecast as of 36 hours ago. Oh well, this is pretty normal for this time of year anyway. I'm just used to being on the warm side. At least this weekend looks really nice as of right now.

Hoosier and ChicagoWX's favorite met was quoted by an IND met on chat yesterday in an answer to a question about anomalous warm temps recorded at LAF yesterday:

"Chad Evans tweeted this at 4:34 PM today: Just hit 87 w/ dew point of 51 here at the station! All the fields are planted @ once, so these darker, bare soils are really warm! Noticed warmest temps are over drier, black sandy-loam prairie soils today at 86-88. Wetter, brown soils 82-84. He followed up with: ...noticed Champaign, Covington to Morocco....all really warm. Heat rolling off 1000s acres of that bare, black ground!"

5 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Hoosier and ChicagoWX's favorite met was quoted by an IND met on chat yesterday in an answer to a question about anomalous warm temps recorded at LAF yesterday:

"Chad Evans tweeted this at 4:34 PM today: Just hit 87 w/ dew point of 51 here at the station! All the fields are planted @ once, so these darker, bare soils are really warm! Noticed warmest temps are over drier, black sandy-loam prairie soils today at 86-88. Wetter, brown soils 82-84. He followed up with: ...noticed Champaign, Covington to Morocco....all really warm. Heat rolling off 1000s acres of that bare, black ground!"

LAF seems like it's been running warm.  I don't check it regularly but when I do, it is warmer than everywhere else in the area.  It was happening back in winter too.

5 hours ago, Chicago WX said:

Front moved thru here. Rather abrupt temp change. My shorts not working so well now. Thought it was going to hold off until later in the afternoon/evening. :arrowhead:

Our regular carrier wears shorts as long as it's in the upper 40's. I'm like, dude, really?

42 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Our regular carrier wears shorts as long as it's in the upper 40's. I'm like, dude, really?

We had a guy who wore shorts all the time. Didn’t matter the temperature. And I’m being serious. But he eventually went into management, so now it all makes sense. :D

Cold monsoon continues here. I don’t want to see anymore drought crap for around here for awhile...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chicago WX said:

We had a guy who wore shorts all the time. Didn’t matter the temperature. And I’m being serious. But he eventually went into management, so now it all makes sense. :D

Cold monsoon continues here. I don’t want to see anymore drought crap for around here for awhile...

:lol: We're in the toasty sector here. Upper 70's all day with light rain showers and actually feeling humid

1 hour ago, Chicago WX said:

You will be wishing for drought the next time you're dealing with a flooded house.  :flood: :(

8 hours ago, Hoosier said:

You will be wishing for drought the next time you're dealing with a flooded house.  :flood: :(

Always pull for drought, lol. Summer monsoon in IKK is as big of a lock as Chad Evans calling for a hot summer.  

This spring has been nice so far, with no big rain events here. But, 1.68" in my stratus yesterday. Though I'm sure your beloved drought monitor will still show impending doom. :lol: 

• Like 1

the ~0.75" of rain here yesterday was great to get the morel mushrooms to pop. We could have used a little more rain with how dry it's been though.

It's crazy how dead March and April have been for severe weather here lately. This spring was finally warm for a change, yet thunderstorms have been almost totally absent. I'm hoping May will finally bring some interesting weather here.