• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

I don't think the daily records for 4/27 will be broken for Chicago, but could at least be within shouting distance of one or both.

Interestingly, the record high min for the date is from 1915, which was also a super dry Spring in Chicago up to this point.

35 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Temperatures are generally running above even the warmer guidance.  Here are progs at 21z vs. actual.

If this trend repeats tomorrow, then it may be a very close call at ORD with the record of 87.

RGEM nailing it around here today and gets ORD to 86 tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, WeatherMonger said:

Hit 79 today, also think a wind advisory could have been justified. Been some good gusts and limbs coming down this afternoon/evening.

KIND only got to 20 gusting to almost 30. But that was enough to spin the whirlygigs crazy at the Courthouse and snap the flag straight.

7V2A8141.thumb.JPG.f415cabd67e6b901aa1daee63327c799.JPG

6 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Still 71 as we approach midnight.  Feels like a summer evening. 

Still waiting on the first slight risk of the season.  Don't recall making it into May without being in one but I'm sure it's happened.  Very benign spring to say the least.

Seems to be the default mode now. How bogus is it that we have a warm front draped across southern Wisconsin in late April, we're expected to nearly hit 80, and we don't have a substantial :twister:threat? My lifelong interest in following the weather is rapidly dwindling.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

Seems to be the default mode now. How bogus is it that we have a warm front draped across southern Wisconsin in late April, we're expected to nearly hit 80, and we don't have a substantial :twister:threat? My lifelong interest in following the weather is rapidly dwindling.

I firmly believe this is nearly impossible for any weather enthusiast.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

What I find interesting is 10 years ago today there was a similar swing in temps from cold to warm (20ºC change) as is now.

11 hours ago, CheeselandSkies said:

My lifelong interest in following the weather is rapidly dwindling.

My interest will never disappear but I know what you mean, this ain't good. I don't want to be just tracking heat wave streaks and researching historical climate heat events. I wish I could swap out today for 10 years ago this moment because I was sleeping on the big one til I realize it wasn't just another outbreak. 

• Like 1