Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

-DAB

I almost posted the accumulation map but figured it was a little too early lol

There are implied mod/hvy rates in that depiction, so it would likely accumulate in that scenario.  That's the key though, "in that scenario."

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

How's this for low-hanging fruit.  For 4/20, the daily record snowfall is 0.2" for Chicago and is a trace for Indianapolis.  Also, the last time that Indianapolis had measurable snow on 4/20 or later was back in 1989.

Measurable snow on or after April 20th this century at Detroit:

May 10, 2020: 0.5"

Apr 20, 2013: 0.1"

May 3, 2005: 0.1"

Apr 24, 2005: 3.1"

Apr 23, 2005: 1.3"

IND continues to set records:

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN
721 AM EDT WED APR 21 2021

...RECORD LOW AT INDIANAPOLIS THIS MORNING...

A RECORD LOW OF 26 OCCURRED AT INDIANAPOLIS EARLY THIS MORNING... 
APRIL 21ST. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD LOW OF 28 DEGREES SET ON THIS 
DATE IN 1907.
  • Like 1

Both the NAMs changed drastically and now have the warm front getting hung up at the WI/IL border tomorrow with highs only around 60 tomorrow, meanwhile the HRRR blasts the warm front N and gets us into the low and mid 70s.  Past climo tells me the NAM will be correct about this but with the dry air and efficient mixing, I wouldn't be surprised to see the warm front mix fairly far northward

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, madwx said:

Both the NAMs changed drastically and now have the warm front getting hung up at the WI/IL border tomorrow with highs only around 60 tomorrow, meanwhile the HRRR blasts the warm front N and gets us into the low and mid 70s.  Past climo tells me the NAM will be correct about this but with the dry air and efficient mixing, I wouldn't be surprised to see the warm front mix fairly far northward

The NAM seems too far south in this situation.  I'd be leaning heavily on its position if there were a convective complex to contend with, but we really don't have that.  I'd think the other models will be correct, or at least more correct than the NAM.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Was touched on in another thread, but here are the 5 driest meteorological springs for Chicago, from March 1-April 24:

1887:  1.20"

1915:  1.62"

2021:  1.88"

1958:  1.89"

1895:  2.12"

Thanks Hoosier. I'm gonna save this one.

Snowed again last night. Turned my newly greened up lawn into a sea of white for a while. Since then steady light rain today with about a 1/2" so far. Temps running in the mid-upper 30's this aftrn. Temps slated to warm back to more avg levels later this week. Will feel real good to have 55-60 deg weather back. :)

• Like 1