• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 General Discussion

Spartman

Memorial Day weather in April. Cant beat this. Definite cool down next week. Although thats relative this time year, as 50s and 60s are “cool”. I do like the later hours of the GFS. Shows another surge of warmth for the region.

Anyhow, always cooler by the lake for MBY. Even the UHI for here is tempered in the spring. 75 here and absolutely beautiful! 

Just like the heat event in March, this is shaping up to be an incredible stretch IMBY and places just inland from lakes: my high temps continue to be increased where days ago today was set to 18ºC - I'm at 24ºC!! :wub:  I should've saved my forecast to see the trend because tomorrow is set at 25ºC with a humidex of 27 (80F). I'm guessing the very dry conditions caused this miss and pulled a 2012. Best April warmth event since that early April 2010 but this might edge it out for longevity. The storms last night barely missed me to the SW.

I actually got hot outside for the first time and not even during peak sun angle. I'm now able to pretend its mid-summer without a stupid cool breeze popping the bubble of disbelief. As stated above the sky appears to be summer-like with haze and small towers :).

I checked Detroit's warmest April on record which was 1955 and don't recall 2017 being the 2nd, but then results below have articles from 2018 talking of the coldest April in 143 years :lol:.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, madwx said:

need some rain here.  gotten nothing from this system so far

I recall a brief thunder-shower around 9 AM yesterday, but that's it in Madison. Green/Rock/Walworth counties got the small but vigorous lightning producer before dawn Monday.

Earlier showers crapped the bed as they moved into southern Wisconsin, but west of here might have gotten a bit.

Also svr wind report earlier from Ixonia in Jefferson Co. @Geoboy645, see anything?

Marginal expanded north to IL/WI border (the brick wall of storms). Activity moving north toward the QC looks more vigorous than anything in the Enhanced risk area, lol. (Edit: Except the tornado-warned cell in northern LA)

3 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

I recall a brief thunder-shower around 9 AM yesterday, but that's it in Madison. Green/Rock/Walworth counties got the small but vigorous lightning producer before dawn Monday.

Earlier showers crapped the bed as they moved into southern Wisconsin, but west of here might have gotten a bit.

I'm up in Waunakee now and we've only gotten sprinkles so far

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
500 PM EST WED APR 07 2021

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE AT FORT WAYNE...

THROUGH 500 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON, THE HIGH TEMPERATURE AT FORT 
WAYNE IS 81 DEGREES. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 81 SET IN 1929 AND 
  • Thanks 1

Decent little storm moved through here, was surprised when I pulled up radar ILX put a warning on it. Came through a bit differently than usual. First a batch of heavy rain moved through, then a few CTG's with some decent thunder claps. Then it started a light rain and thought the warning was kneejerk. About 8:12 the winds started coming in, had about 4 or 5 pockets of winds I wouod guesstimate near 45'ish mph. Next door neighbor has a maple thathas been slowly dieing the past few years and neighbor across the street has two 75 foot ash about 38" in diameter that are completely dead. Was expecting some branches to come down or worse, but the way the winds gusted in short bursts they all survived. Didn't get any hail here, wish there was lightning behind the leading edge though. Lools lioe just showers the rest of the way.

I could see some areas within the warning getting severe gusts. Definitely ready for Spring to spring though.

Perhaps a non-zero mini-sup/tornado threat ahead of the front early this afternoon, where winds stay backed from the SE. Should be some good local downpours given the high PWATs and slow progression of the front. Judging by where the front is currently, the higher threat locally is probably across NW IN into MI. 12Z NAMNEST near the IL/IN border at 3PM:

601093736_ScreenShot2021-04-08at9_06_03AM.thumb.png.928e66fb6fe4b0936984c8dd30e35f75.png

• Like 4

I'm at 17C 63F so far, Waterloo is 15C and most definitely will reach their first 20C reading so like 2001 it will land on April 8. The time it reached 20 was 12:15 which is early; I'm thinking 1:30 pm for today.

Edit: I'm at 24C at 12 and Waterloo at 20C (unknown if its 19.5+ rounded higher or above 20). UW Station updated at 11am but nothing yet on if it reached it.