• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

April 2021 Discussion

The euro has had a strong low off the coast with a marginal airmass for a few straight runs. Eastern Mass is probably done due to climo, but CNE/NNE has a shot at experiencing blizzard conditions from that storm. In eastern Mass we tend to get screwed in late fall and early spring storms, even in a conductive setup for an early/late season snowstorm due to the mild ocean influence. Even the slightest east wind= rain since you are bringing in fall/spring warm Atlantic air. We need the winds to be due north or coming from the west or north west. One thing I learned from all these busted forecasts is especially when it isn’t mid winter (even then to a lesser extent), the wind direction cannot be ignored. I blame the ocean on why I got like 50 inches less snow this year than Worcester, I swear Worcester is a snow magnet, they always seem to not only get more than us in Eastern Mass but they even get more than some areas NW of there. Elevation+ being just inland enough to escape ocean influence (allows for higher ratio snows as well as more snow overall) but close enough to not get missed to the south from coastal storms that hit eastern mass helps a lot. I might be going to live there for college next year so I am looking forward to getting buried by multiple monster blizzards with high ratio snow piled up higher than i am tall. Hopefully we get a big nina again next year.

• Weenie 4

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah you can see how the last 5 -7 days or so gets warm to even hot in here 

Not sure about hot. GFS definitely wants to trough it out. I just looked at the EPS. It may not be dry., but overall seems mild.

Might be some storms in western areas Wednesday. Not a whole lot of CAPE, but steep lapse rates aloft and good forcing.

53 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I would imagine so other than a few piles.  

Snow Piles on my deck were frozen this morning 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Tuesday and Wednesday look great temp wise. We 70+ at least one day.

Wednesday clouds showers by days end?

• Like 1