Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just looked at 6 stations in Southington. You absolutely 100% did not have .40 of rain today since midnight. That is a downright lie . I see .10-.22 there . Stop the BS 

aQ9wF86.jpg

2QCG2Ol.png

Hey smart ass, my neighbors rain gauge said .38,  that’s dam close to .4,  so STFU!  

You throw so much BS out there constantly...then you back pedal and twist and muddy the waters...it’s dam joke.  We all know it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey smart ass, my neighbors rain gauge said .38,  that’s dam close to .4,  so STFU!  

You throw so much BS out there constantly...then you back pedal and twist and muddy the waters...it’s dam joke.  We all know it. 

Idk where your buddy lives just checked like 10 stations in Southington all between .08 and .12 today. .06” here storm total. Pretty spotty and convective in southern CT. 

2 hours ago, wxmanmitch said:

It doesn't go NE until above 500 mb and low level winds are robust, so I suspect blocking will be minimal. NAM has a pronounced inversion near 850 mb (HRRR a bit less so), which is above mountain top level so I expect snow will make it over the spine a bit with the heaviest near the crest. Typically an inversion near or below 900 mb will result in a more blocked flow whereas unblocked flow will have a higher inversion or none at all.

Oh yeah that veering is way up there to start, my bad.  That looks like it would be centered along the crest with some west/east spread being pretty equal.  Agreed that the summits of the ski areas should do better than most just based on elevation and a longer residence time in cold air while precipitation is ongoing.

That second sounding of the HRRR is a much more blocked flow with a lower veering height.  Those NNW winds love to drop and compress just in the lee of the terrain the lower in altitude they get.  But immediately west of that line, wherever it sets up, is in the zone. Upper west side the best location for some whitening?  The whole 2kft plateau is game for a whitening, IMO.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Idk where your buddy lives just checked like 10 stations in Southington all between .08 and .12 today. .06” here storm total. Pretty spotty and convective in southern CT. 

Yup. It’s one thing to joke around like we all do. It’s another to blatantly make things up .  Wolf caught  with paw in cookie jar. :lol:

9 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

My weather channel app on my phone had .3, for yesterday,  so I don’t know what to tell ya? 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I wouldn’t trust a weather channel app for rainfall observations, the official final obs from weather stations are .08 to .15 the highest in Southington. My final was .06”. 

Well that’s what that showed, and rain gauge showed a tad more than that app.  Only Point was it was a wet day here yesterday, and it was a synoptic event.  

• Confused 1

The past 3-days was really a combination of synoptic/convective. The showers Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning was warm front driven (synoptic lift) while the area of showers/thunder which approached later Wednesday was a combination of convective processes and synoptic lift from the warm front which was still positioned nearby...but this was definitely more convectively driven as the bulk occurred during the daylight hours with weakening through the evening. Yesterday was pretty synoptically dominant.