Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

0.51 so far upstream on this WNW flow... good soaking for some our recently seeded area (this morning) but still will take a dry low-humidity day over a wet one anytime.

If we are going to have a wet day, a Wednesday is a good day to have it on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Just looking at the teleconnections, it appears like this should  have been a cold April. But the warmer south based blocking continued like we saw during the winter. So it was a rare warmer than average -EPO, -AO, -NAO April. 

D9EA68E3-7346-4829-8871-0305E67C0150.gif.4ca632cb1ddd405d597f75f81b957df9.gif

31D442C7-B1C2-4858-B111-28111A302D78.gif.c3c9c8e1909b8cc6096eab6973ca28fb.gif

Pretty interesting. The indicies don’t always tell the tale of end results. Other than a day or .. this has been a great month with many warm days.. and even a snowstorm mixed in

10 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

No leaves on the oaks here. Buds appearing. Buds and small leaves on the maples and smaller trees. 

Same here obviously. 

And this is why day time temps alone don’t tell the tale. Many cold nights, low dews. CP air masses ruled the month—no subtropical air in our region. The entire month has had climo more like April 1–and the vegetation is saying the same.

Depending on the species of Oak, they leafed out in the warmth the last 2 days. The pin and Red oaks are last.. white Oaks are out. Maples all out , birch etc. Was a beautiful, mild month overall with a cool shot or two mixed in. Vegetation everywhere in the 6 state region is 10 days ahead of schedule. I noticed even Mitch said the black flies are out up there and he said that’s 10-14 days early.  We really lucked out compared to recent years

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The valley is quite a bit ahead of here . It’s basically a full leaf out. I couldn’t believe it . The last 2 days here things exploded 

I don’t know what species I have, but it’s way ahead of every place around me. I drove to Plymouth yesterday to renew my license and not much movement there in the oaks. The Norway’s are almost fully leafed out here. Maybe a few more days. I’m also way ahead of last year. 

Good healthy 2/3rds of an inch of rain past 24 hours.  Nice steady soaking.  Now we take a break before another round of 0.50-1.00 moves in this evening and tonight.

We are going to explode green after these couple rainy days.  Can already see it in the fields and grass, the color has stepped up to a full spring green.  Need leaves though.  The buds look like they may want to go soon.