Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I love Maine. And when I went up to Bar Harbor in June 2015 it was beautiful. 

However, when we were there in late June on our honeymoon many moons ago, we bought a couple cooked bugs and rode our Flintstone car up Cadillac for a lobster lunch in the sun.  Lobsters were great but visibility was 100 yards in fog.  Also, we had neglected to bring napkins and the park hadn't turned on the water yet.   Anyone who has picked apart a whole lobster can imagine the result.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You hate to see it.

I mean if you are stuck going to Maine Or E mass beaches From PYM north and have never enjoyed the warmer water of other beaches (Jersey / L.I/ Rhode Island ) than it’s better to stay positive about your prospects then notice your kids feet are Turning blue after 30 min in water , or that the adults only go waist deep when the bathroom is too far away , and Pasty folks sit around the 59 fog putting layers of SPF 80 on and go “You know.. they say These are the days you can get the most color when it’s cloudy like this , the suns rays just sneak thru” and they look like 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/07/19/mark-zuckerberg-surfboards-in-hawaii-with-way-too-much-sunscreen/amp/

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Sitting under one of the two wave clouds up in N.VT.  Stable cloud just sitting over Mansfield and the Spine casting a shadow down here.  Looks blue all around, ha.

April27.thumb.jpg.9aef1d25d6df96ae8d47ddd1127ca8ec.jpg

It's one of those days where every time you look at this image above... say once per half hour ... it looks discernibly better ( as in clearer ), yet, the sky over you never seems to change and the sun has no direct shadows.   ...it's like deliberately waiting to the last possible gasp of cloud to make sure it's maximized the depth of butt banging the afternoon - lol

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, White Rain said:

Retailers such as Target are still wiping down all their surfaces with excessive amounts of chemicals. My hands are sensitive to them and cause them to burn for a period of time afterwards if I don’t wear gloves, when is this practice going to end. I thought CDC already came out with guidance it was ineffective.

Personal conjecture .. so tfwiw:    A slow death ... in fact, it may not entirely go away. There is likely ( imho) to be residual, elevated readiness that to some appears to teeter with compulsion ... - it won't be a perspective and practice shared by everyone or their affiliations, evenly, either.  So there's that joyous vitriol to look forward to.  

So it's a bit of hypothesis but there seems to be a smoldering aspect of "social distrust" about this whole thing, as well. 

Most that possess a modicum of realism are well passed the lunacy of whether this thing was real or not.  But ... they don't trust the media, and by media that includes all.  The "Industrial Media Complex" ( I euphemistically refer..), to social medias like, well, this one and et al... Nor do they really trust the urban rumor mills, either.  How can we? 

That probably doesn't lend to believing the risk is ultimately ever going to return to any pre- C-19' perception and practice, no.

That's one factor among many...

The other aspect is being warned by environmental science that we are probably passing over a threshold.  Over-population, festering amid Climate-Change-forced biota drift/ species migration... These combine for loading unfamiliar infectious agencies at a faster adaptation rate than the new environment is capable of responding. And that 'out-pacing' is the whole loss of that battle.  Those lend to new pathogenic scares, in the least ... if not unleashing new pathogenicity.  And frankly.. that's not scare tactics - that's real.  So some readiness and preparedness has to be remain in vigil -

That probably doesn't mean we need to be fastidiously running around after everyone and lowering fertility with weird chemicals and causing tumors as germaphobic dim wits, no.  That level of extremeness may ease off - ...in fact, much of that may never have been necessary ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Personal conjecture .. so tfwiw:    A slow death ... in fact, it may not entirely go away. There is likely ( imho) to be residual, elevated readiness that to some appears to teeter with compulsion ... - it won't be a perspective and practice shared by everyone or their affiliations, evenly, either.  So there's that joyous vitriol to look forward too.  

So it's a bit of hypothesis but there seems to be a smoldering aspect of "social distrust" about this whole thing, as well. 

Most that possess a modicum of realism are well passed the lunacy of whether this thing was real or not.  But ... they don't trust the media, and by media that includes all.  The "Industrial Media Complex" ( I euphemistically refer..), to social medias like, well, this one and et al... Nor do they really trust the urban rumor mills, either.  How can we? 

That probably doesn't lend to believing the risk is ultimately ever going to return to any pre- C-19' perception and practice, no.

That's one factor among many...

The other aspect is being warned by environmental science that we are probably passing over a threshold.  Over-population, and Climate Change forced biota drift... combined, or loading unfamiliar infectious agencies at a faster adaptation rate than the new environment is capable of responding.  Those lend to new pathogenic scares, in the least ... if not unleashing new pathogenicity.  And frankly.. that's not scare tactics - that's real.  So some readiness and preparedness has to be remain in vigil -

That probably doesn't mean fastidiously running around after everyone and lowering fertility with weird chemicals and causing tumors as germaphobic dim wits, no.  That level of extremeness may ease off -

I saw a story "Stop the Sanitizing Theater" a few weeks back - it got into how ineffective all these spray down approaches are, and into how C - 19 doesn't really last on most surfaces and even the ones that it 'lasts' on it is way shorter then originally feared.

I also saw a story last year, just prior to CoVid being a thing, in that there are new viruses that are becoming exposed as the ice sheets retreat. Cue James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver - 'Aliens - Freezofftheus' - in theaters Christmas 2022. (I tried to come up with a cheeky title - fail)

21 minutes ago, cut said:

I saw a story "Stop the Sanitizing Theater" a few weeks back - it got into how ineffective all these spray down approaches are, and into how C - 19 doesn't really last on most surfaces and even the ones that it 'lasts' on it is way shorter then originally feared.

I also saw a story last year, just prior to CoVid being a thing, in that there are new viruses that are becoming exposed as the ice sheets retreat. Cue James Cameron and Sigourney Weaver - 'Aliens - Freezofftheus' - in theaters Christmas 2022. (I tried to come up with a cheeky title - fail)

I write science fiction and have been published and I can tell you ... it is actually difficult to premise a sci-fi tech that out gawks the actual shit we are seeing these days - so... that 'fail' is not hard to do.  ahahaha

But yeah... how about, "Cryopocalypse" lol

But I like 'sanitizing theater'   ....  Phin and I were musing a couple weeks ago about this "virtue signaling" shit ... You know, pulling up a mask when someone eye-balls you from the other side of the gym or hall as you pass by.  It's a sub-class of the same affectation people feel they now have to do to deflect nosy self-appointed cleanliness nuns. I bet their kids never masturbate and grow up sociopaths, too.. 

OH yeah ...a great deal of hygienic awareness and sanitation is necessary - I'm not saying people should eat an Italian sub with black cake under their fingernails or anything ... but the 'obsessive compulsive' nature of it is a distinction that ... actually science is beginning to materialize, may cause more harm then good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I write science fiction and have been published and I can tell you ... it is actually difficult to premise a sci-fi tech that out gawks the actual shit we are seeing these days - so... that 'fail' is not hard to do.  ahahaha

But yeah... how about, "Cryoapocalypse" lol

But I like 'sanitizing theater'   ....  Phin and I were musing a couple weeks ago about this "virtue signaling" which is probably a sub-class of the same affectation of concern more so than believing it is really necessary.  OH yeah ...a great deal of hygienic awareness and sanitation is necessary - I'm not saying people should eat an Italian sub with black cake under their fingernails or anything ... but the 'obsessive compulsive' nature of it is a distinction that ... actually science is beginning to materialize, may cause more harm then good.

I will say that I have had the 'healthiest' (in quotes due to the fact that I am referring strictly to physical - mental health is a different story due to isolation) years of my life. Not one cold or sinus infection. I'll take the chance of colds and what night to have the social fabric of my life back though!!!!!

16 minutes ago, cut said:

I will say that I have had the 'healthiest' (in quotes due to the fact that I am referring strictly to physical - mental health is a different story due to isolation) years of my life. Not one cold or sinus infection. I'll take the chance of colds and what night to have the social fabric of my life back though!!!!!

I'm encountering similar statements everywhere, actually .... we should probably take this/these posts over to the Banter thread ... but, I wonder if the distancing and masking and the general lack of contact and what hygiene has been implement... may have offset the frequency of other back ground "normal" infection rates.

I have been thinking about this - we have to get Colds once in a while - even if we are asymptomatic ...the presence of immune activation is a vital aspect to overall immuno-health - duh..I mean we learn this in 8th grade Health elective - ..but, we are getting a dearth in numbers and occurrences in the 'white noised' statistics of the civility ... It may not matter ?  Or, we could be setting up for a couple of waves of misery as we "catch up" - and the scare over whether it is this C-19 varient shit is going to be ad nauseam ( pun intended ;) )

• Like 1