Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In any case, what a seasonal flash over the hemisphere across that 00z technology that I can find.

...I think a lot of these sites, regardless of their 'free-ness' are owned and coded by morons.

I don't care what their personal espoused and/or publicly recognized Meteorological acumen really is - or if either is even meritus ... their product suites suck giant donkey balls.

TT is an idiot.  That guy/gal does not get how to do cross guidance model comparisons, which is a hugely essential concept and practice in deterministic weather forecasting - because his images force the viewer to always look at the latest hourly release - which f*s up any continuity when going back and forth.  It's stupid shit like that... Or the cut-away graphics with no global perspectives? ...  Why doesn't that site show more of the upstream and down stream hemisphere ? - it shows just the "entire Cosmos" of the U.S., because of course there's no world of kinematic mechanics going on that ultimately determines the self-centered space of the U.S., huh? 

It either shows:  A, a defined lack of integral synoptic reasoning and understanding; or B,  the product's source is free, so he/she renders what the free source gives... But, seeing as the product suite overall trips you up by sending you to the most recent panel no matter what - which is boneheaded and childish and demos he/she doesn't get continuity fundamentals .. - I wonder if these are all cut-aways and tossing out the most important pieces.

It's not just TT ... other sites do stupid stuff like that. 

WTF are you talking about, you are the moron

8B806CE8-8AD7-4452-9705-D23616742E18.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Last May it snowed twice 

Since I was first old enough to remember as a cognitive function ... 1973 or '74 say, through about 2001... I recall seeing snow twice in May.   Once was a fascinating squall that started as thunderstorm with big rain drops that immediately began bouncing as aggregate balls ( not the same as hail - ), then snow... all over a span of 10 minutes.  It was 48 F when the sky shaded over, noon, from the west - Kalamazoo Michigan 1979 ...maybe '80.  The other time was some random overnight snow showers behind a strong cold front in 1993 that left a smidge on grass ..

The frequency changed demonstratively in 2001... In early May that year, snow showers on the Boston Common ... 1/2" in the grass as we were pilin' out of car to patron some swanky over-priced society pub. I was young and dumb and distracted by shenanigans back then, but was still offended ... Then a year later, the 18th of May and that noodle tossing coastal that brought actual accumulation to the Worcester Hills.  Then in 2005, the dreaded devoured May ...and the three coastal lashings with no break between; one snowed in N middlesex on car tops... and then there was X and then X and then the X ... I mean...these are happening now... just like they are at the other end in October ( by the way ...).

I roll eyes and argue that CC is fundamentally causal. I believe it is changing the general circulation eddy of the hemisphere .. blah blah ..favoring seasonal pre-lapse and lag at the transition seasons.

Last year is weird in memory though.  Despite those early May Leslie Neilson exit face smack events... the end of the May wildly flipped . That heat wave swept through NW/NNE ...while we remained comparatively uninspired albeit warmer than normal form SNE to down through the Mid Atlantic... 

39 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

WTF are you talking about, you are the moron

8B806CE8-8AD7-4452-9705-D23616742E18.png

Admittedly I'm a little sensitive to that kind of criticism because I know how hard it is to make an intuitive user interface with all sorts of options and limited number of controls, especially for the general public where you can't expect them to read a complex manual, and also given that many/most(?) visits are from mobile devices these days.  The fact is that assuming Tip actually did try to use the site, if he couldn't figure out how to change the map view the developer does have to take a hit for that.  Happens to me all the time, much as I think things should be clear they sometimes aren't.  There really is an art to it and you need to bring in people with many backgrounds to see if your vision doesn't have built in assumptions.

Anyway I stand by the opinion that Levi does a great job... Just the fact so many are aware of his site is testament, and he has come up with a lot of innovative products and features.  And of course knows his tropical meteorology as well as anybody.  /rant

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, radarman said:

Admittedly I'm a little sensitive to that kind of criticism because I know how hard it is to make an intuitive user interface with all sorts of options and limited number of controls, especially for the general public where you can't expect them to read a complex manual, and also given that many/most(?) visits are from mobile devices these days.  The fact is that assuming Tip actually did try to use the site, if he couldn't figure out how to change the map view the developer does have to take a hit for that.  Happens to me all the time, much as I think things should be clear they sometimes aren't.  There really is an art to it and you need to bring in people with many backgrounds to see if your vision doesn't have built in assumptions.

Anyway I stand by the opinion that Levi does a great job... Just the fact so many are aware of his site is testament, and he has come up with a lot of innovative products and features.  And of course knows his tropical meteorology as well as anybody.  /rant

It was just jocular friend - chill out...

I don't think he is really lacking substantive intellectual capacity - lol... if you need to hear it as his knight and shining armor, riding across the desert ..coming to his emotional rescue -

Just kidding...  Rolling Stones rip -

SO the f what - take the word Moron out of that... everything else I said is true -

15 minutes ago, radarman said:

Acid washed or stone washed?

These yaws are impressive man ...wow.

I mean, 44 in between exploded virga shrouded CU flurries where it dips to 38 with gusts now...

60 Tomorrow on MEX MOS ( ave) FIT/ASH/BED  ...still windy tho.

But then 71 on Saturday with equivalent August 18 sun and lightening wind -

Monday to Wednesday may do similar early to mid this next week, only up the scale by a few clicks.