Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

For those that use bufkit has anyone ever had this problem? The slide bar to adjust time is gone...also the slide bar in the overview section is gone. Some setting must have gotten unchecked but I can find anything. I know you can use your computer arrows to adjust time but that doesn't work in the overview window

image.thumb.png.b9a5dbc15abf243abad5e441867ab8e9.png

99 Problems and Bufkit is 1?

• Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My wife took the kids in town while I worked and sent me pics. These are just a few. Boston is stunning in the Spring on days like this. That’s my son in the last pic haha.

Great pictures. Is that your daughter right to the left of your son?  

I just can’t stand seeing the masks on kids...especially outside. So dam sad and unnatural.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Nice pics. Amazing how kids don’t complain about masks. My son just slaps it on no questions asked. Only know it all adults, those who are experts in everything, bitch about it.

Kids >> adults.

Lol...nobody is a know it all Luke.  It’s just sad that folks are “required” to wear them. Should be optional.  This is the USA.  

I work in a school everyday, and it’s horrible to not be able to see the kids faces..so say what you want, but it’s just abysmal.  But I do agree  about the kids...they are very adaptable that’s for sure.  Just imo it’s very upsetting not being able to see their adorable faces.  Hopefully very soon all this goes away...it’s certainly time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol...nobody is a know it all Luke.  It’s just sad that folks are “required” to wear them. Should be optional.  This is the USA. 

I work in a school everyday, and it’s horrible to not be able to see the kids faces..so say what you want, but it’s just abysmal.  But I do agree  about the kids...they are very adaptable that’s for sure.  Just imo it’s very upsetting not being able to see their adorable faces.  Hopefully very soon all this goes away...it’s certainly time. 

It's definitely more upsetting for the adults.  Kids adapt to whatever.  I don't have kids (yet?) but know when around my sister's kids (and she confirms they don't care one way or another) they have a very linear way of thinking about things.  If I do xyz, then I can do abc.  If I wear mask, I can play with friends.  If I wear bike helmet, I can ride bike.  If I eat my broccoli, I can watch my favorite show.  If we are good in school, teacher rewards us with playtime.  From what I've seen, her kids definitely are more focused on the desired outcome than what it takes to get there.  Kids are awesome that way.

Anyway, EURO still tries to keep the low eastward for at least a shot of a wintry outcome in parts of NNE.

ecmwf-deterministic-neng-instant_ptype-9060400.thumb.png.a96595b1e273f801bb46254da1c9ef9c.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's definitely more upsetting for the adults.  Kids adapt to whatever.  I don't have kids (yet?) but know when around my sister's kids (and she confirms they don't care one way or another) they have a very linear way of thinking about things.  If I do xyz, then I can do abc.  If I wear mask, I can play with friends.  If I wear bike helmet, I can ride bike.  If I eat my broccoli, I can watch my favorite show.  If we are good in school, teacher rewards us with playtime.  From what I've seen, her kids definitely are more focused on the desired outcome than what it takes to get there.  Kids are awesome that way.

That’s the beauty part of kids..and being a kid. Hence the term/phrase....”Ahhh to be a kid again!”  

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

25 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I wasn’t arguing the mask mandates just that adults suck and kids are awesome. They are much more adaptable and resilient. 

• Like 1

"Kid resilience" is sometimes because they don't know how to properly articulate their concerns in a scary world full of serious-sounding adults and rules they don't understand, so they shut down and become withdrawn and quiet. This is something therapists deal with all the time. It's ignorant adults that assume the quiet fortitude means they are just "taking it with a stiff upper lip" or whatever. This happens to bullied kids all the time and is a big reason why teachers and parents don't take action until the kid snaps, because the child just absorbs the abuse and never brings it to them as a real issue. Come on, guys. Most parents should know this... childhood depression and suicidal thoughts are on the rise, learn to see the signs and don't just call it "resilience." 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Great pictures. Is that your daughter right to the left of your son?  

I just can’t stand seeing the masks on kids...especially outside. So dam sad and unnatural.  

It is!  I didn't even see her until you said that. :lol:   Anyways, in the city that's what you do. They had a picnic in the common without masks. But, I know the end overall is mostly near for masks I think. They don't mind. Once we are vaccinated I'm not going to worry much about them unless it is required.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It is!  I didn't even see her until you said that. :lol:   Anyways, in the city that's what you do. They had a picnic in the common without masks. But, I know the end overall is mostly near for masks I think. They don't mind. Once we are vaccinated I'm not going to worry much about them unless it is required.

Lol...glad I was able to point that out for you:lol:.

You have a beautiful family...enjoy them(and I’m sure you are) cuz they grow up so fast. You blink and their teenagers. 

37 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Sounds like your kid takes after his old man. Heartwarming for sure.

A 5yr old who doesn’t whine about wearing a mask, follows the rules at school, listens to his teachers, is kind to his friends, and yearns to learn....yup, I’m proud that he is a good kid with a good heart. Thanks for the kind words. 

• Like 2

Damn Boulder getting smoked

19:55 Calm 0.25 Heavy Snow OVC002 27 27     100% NA NA 30.16 NA 0.07    
19 19:35 Calm 0.50 Heavy Snow OVC002 27 27     100% NA NA 30.15 NA 0.05    
19 19:15 N 3 0.25 Snow OVC002 27 27     100% NA NA 30.14 NA 0.02    
19 18:55 NE 5 0.25 Heavy Snow OVC002 27 27     100% 21 NA 30.11 NA 0.05    
19 18:35 NE 3 0.25 Snow OVC002 27 27     100% NA NA 30.12 NA 0.03    
19 18:15 N 3 0.25 Heavy Snow OVC002 28 27     93% NA NA 30.11 NA 0.01    
19 17:55 NE 5 0.75 Light Snow OVC004 28 28     100% 22 NA 30.11 NA 0.04    
19 17:35 NE 3 0.50 Snow OVC004 28 28     100% NA NA 30.10 NA 0.03    
19 17:15 NE 6 0.25 Snow OVC004 28 28     100% 21 NA 30.09 NA 0.01    
19 16:55 NE 6 0.75 Snow OVC006 28 28     100% 21