Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Just based on the cams seems to be melting fast. 

1500ft over this way is almost gone, granted it was only 4” but sun starting to poke through. Above 2kft still caked.  No cold air advection anywhere so once precip stops it wants to get mild fast. Ahh spring time.

Can tell its was dry as the rivers still don’t look like 1.64” water just fell in town. Interesting that 1.5-2.0” QPF did not bring much response in water flow.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

1500ft over this way is almost gone, granted it was only 4” but sun starting to poke through. Above 2kft still caked.  No cold air advection anywhere so once precip stops it wants to get mild fast. Ahh spring time.

Can tell its was dry as the rivers still don’t look like 1.64” water just fell in town. Interesting that 1.5-2.0” QPF did not bring much response in water flow.

Ground soaked it up. Based on reports from the locals here, seems like mud season barely even started and already into dust season now. 

35 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Snowy headwaters sending that precip downriver today/tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I was around a foot AN.  Bust losing Jan and March sucked

Exactly.   For me the numbers are a bit above normal but losing 2 months definitely soured the season although I spent 2 snowy weeks in Chicago during January.

• Like 1

The euro has had a strong low off the coast with a marginal airmass for a few straight runs. Eastern Mass is probably done due to climo, but CNE/NNE has a shot at experiencing blizzard conditions from that storm. In eastern Mass we tend to get screwed in late fall and early spring storms, even in a conductive setup for an early/late season snowstorm due to the mild ocean influence. Even the slightest east wind= rain since you are bringing in fall/spring warm Atlantic air. We need the winds to be due north or coming from the west or north west. One thing I learned from all these busted forecasts is especially when it isn’t mid winter (even then to a lesser extent), the wind direction cannot be ignored. I blame the ocean on why I got like 50 inches less snow this year than Worcester, I swear Worcester is a snow magnet, they always seem to not only get more than us in Eastern Mass but they even get more than some areas NW of there. Elevation+ being just inland enough to escape ocean influence (allows for higher ratio snows as well as more snow overall) but close enough to not get missed to the south from coastal storms that hit eastern mass helps a lot. I might be going to live there for college next year so I am looking forward to getting buried by multiple monster blizzards with high ratio snow piled up higher than i am tall. Hopefully we get a big nina again next year.

• Weenie 4