Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m thinking we minimally see 1-3” here tomorrow night when it flips 

It’s close but possible. Small window I think. Then maybe later Friday? But you’ll need rates since it will be daylight. I haven’t looked too hard where you are. Need to see soundings.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s close but possible. Small window I think. Then maybe later Friday? But you’ll need rates since it will be daylight. I haven’t looked too hard where you are. Need to see soundings.

Euro, GFS, NAM, HRRR all show 3-6+ here. If we chop that in half which is likely .. 2-4 “ seems legit. That’s almost unanimous. I think all my snow should it occur happens tomorrow night into early Fri. Nothing substantial after that 

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro, GFS, NAM, HRRR all show 3-6+ here. If we chop that in half which is likely .. 2-4 “ seems legit. That’s almost unanimous. I think all my snow should it occur happens tomorrow night into early Fri. Nothing substantial after that 

For you and everyone else, it comes down to the mid levels. I sort of envision this massive firehose pivoting up and flashing you and others maybe to snow. But then that arc pivots and rots up near rt 2 and North leaving you with precip but shitty lift. They’ll be that other band maybe later Friday from an occluded back bent mid level front. We’ll see what 00z does.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

For you and everyone else, it comes down to the mid levels. I sort of envision this massive firehose pivoting up and flashing you and others maybe to snow. But then that arc pivots and rots up near rt 2 and North leaving you with precip but shitty lift. They’ll be that other band maybe later Friday from an occluded back bent mid level front. We’ll see what 00z does.

Yea, I look fine in the mid levels, but the low levels will struggle.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

GFS is a sick solution for ORH. That is legit if it developed like that. Still not biting though...want to see more agreement from foreign guidance. 

Right on the west side of developing H7. That would nuke for a time. Maybe even tickle nrn CT.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

If the 850 on lower lows just stayed right offshore, that would nuke a lot of interior SNE.

Yea, that is my issue....what I said to pickles via FB DM.......tough to pull off with it hugging in the low levels. The mid and upper levels maybe narrowly far enough south for the NH border area.

• Like 1