Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wouldn't he be better off a little W of there as far as topography effecting lift?     Woodford is the snow capitol of S VT.  Desolate wilderness area though. Nowhere to stay.

Yes a little further west would be better, but that is still a great spot on the east slopes.

Problem is there isn't much of anything further west unless he bunks in Mitch's garage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wouldn't he be better off a little W of there as far as topography effecting lift?     Woodford is the snow capitol of S VT.  Desolate wilderness area though. Nowhere to stay.

Yeah but it’s splitting hairs.  Anywhere near 2kft is getting 12+ down there.

• Like 1

Just now, crossbowftw3 said:

It now looks quite likely those of us in the western Catskills stop the precip for a time tomorrow night 

yeah looks like a quite a bit of dry air wraps around the western side of this thing as it really starts to crank. but the NAM really isn't budging from the idea of accumulating snow even into some of the valley areas. 

11 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah looks like a quite a bit of dry air wraps around the western side of this thing as it really starts to crank. but the NAM really isn't budging from the idea of accumulating snow even into some of the valley areas. 

It will be close...I would like to see something. I’ll be watching as many streams as I can find from areas in the Berkshires tomorrow evening.

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

nam looked like dynamics went a bit ENE as Totals cut back in Berks but 7H looks a tad west (at least at 0z Saturday)

3km NAM is funny.

Anything above 1500-2000ft in VT is going to get crushed.

I think it’s snow levels are too low but it’s usually decent at showing it.  Love the SE flow upslope cooling and sharp downslope rain just west of the Spine.

2699F2E3-3EC2-40A3-B3C6-1564F0D65FDD.thumb.png.8be37118211129740b412980721f50a0.png