• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2021 Discussion

Torch Tiger

Today is eerily similar to the days leading up to the April Fools 1997 storm: sunny and 61° F with some puffy cumulus clouds. Hard to believe I may be digging out from 1-2' of snow within 48 hours. Clown maps are overdone, especially in the valleys, but up here above 2.2K they may not be so far fetched...

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

GFS clown probably overdone.   :lol:

Yeah probably...but damn, some of those soundings are cold. Like 32F at the sfc and clearly like -2C or -3C not far off the deck. So high terrain would get obliterated that run. A lot of that would fall at 10 to 1 or greater. The shoulders would be more like 6 to 1 prob. That said, I doubt the GFS sokution actually evolves that way in reality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah probably...but damn, some of those soundings are cold. Like 32F at the sfc and clearly like -2C or -3C not far off the deck. So high terrain would get obliterated that run. A lot of that would fall at 10 to 1 or greater. The shoulders would be more like 6 to 1 prob. That said, I doubt the GFS sokution actually evolves that way in reality.

You think I could blue snow down in Greenfield in a setup like that?  My hood is only 300'-400' el. 

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

Today is eerily similar to the days leading up to the April Fools 1997 storm: sunny and 61° F with some puffy cumulus clouds. Hard to believe I may be digging out from 1-2' of snow within 48 hours. Clown maps are overdone, especially in the valleys, but up here above 2.2K they may not be so far fetched...

There would have to be a pretty big shift on model guidance for you to avoid getting at least a foot IMHO. There's a legit chance you get 2+ feet.

• Like 2